Chapter 29 [Running away]

"What the heck happened to you? Tell me!" Sam raged after five minutes I had reached my penthouse. My mind was not even working as usual. All my thoughts revolved around this afternoon and him.

I was and am a sobbing mess. I was hicupping whereas she was bombarding me with questions upon questions. Her eyes were red with tears. She was fuming as well as crying while watching my condition.

I chuckled as it was not daily scene that you would see Caitlyn King crying and getting slapped or scared. And here she was witnessing it with her own eyes. I was devastated at the moment and it was somewhere my resolution to take my revenge.

"W–Wa–Water," I managed to croak out while taking heavy breaths. I had a difficulty in breathing. It was like my soul was being taken away from me. I wished that all this mess would end just now but no, I know it will not happen.

I looked at Sam to see her mouth shut and eyes wide open. I signalled her this time to help me. I was unable to speak and breathe. My throat clogged with the passing time. After closing my eyes I rubbed my chest to ease off the growing pain.

It seemed like Sam was out of her trance now that she suddenly rushed over to kitchen and brought some water along with my inhaler. She made me drink some water and gave me the inhaler, fastly putting the cup of water back.

"Oh jesus Cait, you are having a panic attack again. Should I call Jake over?" She stumbled over her words while rushing over to pick her phone. I kept on taking huge amounts of oxygen but it seemed like my lungs had already decided to go against my decision.

"N–No."  I barely whispered but nonetheless she heard me. She nodded her head and told me that she is calling doctor.

I was not able to calm myself. I rested my head back and called Sam over to me with my right hand. She rushed over to me and hugged me while patting my back in patterns. Her touch soothed me but not my lungs.

"Count Cait. Count with me. Doctor will be here in no time. Just stay put." She spoke and started counting and I repeated after her. After reaching to ten she repeated from one. I was feeling quite better than earlier. Atleast I could breathe now.

Samantha rushed to open the door as we heard the sound of doorbell. I sighed as I heard the commotion between doctor and Sam. The doctor came inside and greeted me. She set her bag beside me and asked my to lay down completely.

I complied with what she said. She checked my heartbeat and gave me one pill to get over the attack. I took the med and sighed while she ran some test upon me.

"I believe, it has been very long since she had attack. Why so after two years? What happened today, Caitlyn? Would you share with me so I can help you?" Doctor asked me as she stood up. I remained silent.

"Okay, tell me, are you having nightmares again?"

After gaining no response from my side, she looked at Sam but Sam shook her head as she didn't know as well what happened. Understanding the situation, doctor left after telling me to call her if she could be of any help. Thankfully, it was just a normal attack, nothing much.

My attack was gone by now. I visibly relaxed as I could easily breathe now. The pain in my chest and head slowly subsided. Sam sighed as she sat beside me. She was continuously tapping her foot on the floor, showing me that she was waiting for me to start. I knew she was tensed and angry but I was not able to start the topic.

"What happened, Caitlyn? Would you tell me now? Or better I call Drayton over here? You will have to tell your brother, if not me." She threatened as she opened the lock on her phone and started dailing my brother's number.