37 | departure

Jay~

Jay~

I got my midterm marks today, and as expected... absolutely horrible. Horrendous.

"What is this? We had an agreement that you were going to focus on your studies! How will you even graduate with these grades?" My mom shook her head in disappointment.

"Can I live with dad for a little while? Maybe a couple of semesters... I think I should change my course. This really isn't working for me," I tried to persuade her but she's not buying it. "It's not because of Ally. I just want to do something that I might actually be passionate with."

"You have to be sure! University tuition is very expensive. I don't get why you're doing this, when you literally just have one year left before law school."

"I only chose this course because I didn't have anything in mind back then. I just know for sure, this isn't what I want... I want to become a professional chef. You said I'm great at cooking! The customers at my job really like the food I make as well. It makes me happy. I can also help with dad's business in the future."

"Who am I to stop you? I know you'll do it anyways," she sighed heavily. "I'll call your dad and let him know."

Over the next few days during my break, my parents and I prepared the paperwork I would need, as well as packing my stuff so I could go to Korea immediately. The next semester starts in a few weeks, so I don't really have time to slack off. It was easy entering me into a good university, since my dad is well known in the food and marketing industry.

I was packing my clothes, when I suddenly found a box in the back of my closet. It was the gift I wanted to give Ally on her birthday... I won't even be here then. I also haven't talked to her since that day- in fact, I haven't seen her.

I took the box, and threw it in the garbage.

"Hey, are you not gonna say goodbye to Ally? She might go looking for you." Mom asked, but it sounded like she was suggesting.

"Why would she? It'd be better off if I don't," I bitterly mumbled. "Maybe that way I can start moving on."

___________________________

Ally~

I heard the doorbell from downstairs, but immediately hesitated to actually go and get it. Jake never mentioned that he's coming over, and there's nobody home. I never called for any sort of delivery... what if it's a burglar?

I peaked out the window, and noticed a woman standing- it's Jay's mother. I hit myself a bit for thinking negatively so much, and quickly ran downstairs to not keep her waiting.

Dumb idea, I rolled down and probably fractured my ankle. I limped towards the door while wincing in pain.

Ally, you are one stupid girl.

"Hi! How are you?" I opened the door and pretended to be fine.

"A little bit nervous and weary, but it'll pass. By the way, I came over here to give you some side dishes! Also, I found this in Jay's room. Think it may be yours?" She handed me a box with my name on it.

"Oh? I've never seen this..." I scratched my head. "By the way, how is he? We haven't talked in a while."

"He's alright; being mischievous, as always. I dropped him off at the airport less than an hour ago, so he must be departing very soon."

"Departing? Where is he going?" I was just shocked and didn't know what else to say. I want to know everything- but I know I don't have the right to. If I did, he would have told me himself.

"Korea, to finish university. He's going into culinary school- that child, really! He really has his own world, doing what he wants." She shook her head.

"If you don't mind... can we go back to the airport? I really want to see him one last time before he leaves. Please."

___________________________

OMG! This book kinda blew up during the weekend wtf tysm for reading:) Btw I rlly like the next chapter hehe<3

⭐️

Song: iKON (아이콘) — Airplane

(Lyrics: stalling their lover from entering the airplane, to spend another day with them)