By the time Manik who had already laid down on the grass with his head on her lap was listening keenly to her gazing at the stars which were smiling back to him.

"Tu sun raha hai na?" she asked him stroking his hair affectionately.

"Hmmm... I'm listening dadi" he spoke shifting his eyes from the stars to her.

"To phir bata" she said.

"Kya?" he asked with a confused face on his look.

"Wahi jo tere dil me chal raha hai, wahi baat jo tujhe pareshan kar rahi hai" she said holding his cheek with one hand the other while still in his hairs.

"Dadi aap....aap kya?" before he could complete.

"Dekh Manik both you and me know that you're disturbed.... Mukti ne jo tujhse kaha hai ....to take a leave....tu us baat se pareshan hai" she spoke with a stern voice.

"Apko kaise pata?" he questioned.

"Manik I know you since birth .... Bacha mai tujhe boht ache se samjhti hun, you've grown up in my arms dear, or waise bhi tu mujhse kitna he chupa ke mujhe sab pata chal he jata hai" she said sighing.

"To mai kya karu dadi... Mukti has asked this for the first time,aur mai use mana nahi kar sakta...but"
he stopped in between.

"But...but you can't.... neither you can say no to her nor you can stay back" she completed it on his behalf.

Manik laid there quiet folding his hands over his chest just lost.

"What if I say...... that....ummmm....
you don't have to?" she said with a small smile on her face.

"Matlab?" Manik exclaimed.

"Listen beta.... Mukti wants to spend a day with you....to uske liye ye zaruri to nahi ke tum pure din ghar me raho uske sath" she explained.

Manik sat straight with a jerk. His eyes focused on her and suddenly he just hugged her.

"You're the best! Dadi...I love you!!"
he said and kissed her right cheek.

**********

Manik's pov:

I was walking in the lawn busy lost in my thoughts so much that I didn't even realize when dadi came by my side and started moving with me. She told me how she and dadu used to spend their time together. Although I didn't knew that she was trying to make me speak my heart out. Yes I was disturbed with the thought that I had to stay back at home. No I don't like being here, not because I am not fond of my home but the fact is it's not a home anymore, it's just a house a simple house made of bricks, cause home is a place where you've your loved one's reside, yeah I know that there are people who love me dadi, mukti and cabir... they all love me a lot but.."huh"(sighing). Dadi really knows me very well,she can very well understand how and what I feel, she understands the pain I go through, I don't think anyone can ever know the way she does, yeah Cabir also knows me better. To be honest I myself don't know who knows me better Dadi or Cabir, but dadi...dadi is the best infact she's a saviour. Mukti wants to spend a day with me and for that I don't have stay at home for the whole day. Credit goes to go her for making me realize. I really love her. Cabir is sometimes overprotective and sometimes a pain in the ass. Like today as he spilled the beans, I mean who told him to go and tell Dadi what happened at the office. She was questioning me, she thinks I was disturbed about that as well. Was I? Was I really disturbed about scolding Miss Baig for no reason? Did I feel bad? But why? Or am I over thinking?urghhh..... I know it was my fault I should've heard her before reacting so impulsively, but what do I do that's how I am. I think I scared the hell out of her, her eyes were blood red and swollen which clearly meant that she had been crying for long. But why did I feel a pinch in my heart seeing her like that when she came back to get the paper's signed. Oh God what's happening, why am I even thinking about her. I should just sleep, after all tomorrow is going to be a long day.