Chapter 1 🌟

Começar do início

Yeah, it was a little tough...

A knock on the door has Haru pausing and Daisuke perking up. "Haru? I'm here!" A deep voice called out, to which Haru shrugged and kept on with her chores. Shinji passing by in the mornings was nothing new, so a lot of the time she left the front door unlocked so that he'd be able to walk right in.

Daisuke on the other hand lit up in excitement. His uncle Shinji was here!

Daisuke stood up from his seat and dashed out of the kitchen to the entrance with a big smile. He really loved his uncle Shinji, in some ways Shinji filled up that fatherly role Daisuke started craving recently, and in other ways, he saw him as an idol!!

Well, with jutsu's as flashy as Shinji's, it'd be hard to not look up to him when you're just a little kid.

To Daisuke's surprise, his uncle Shinji wasn't alone! He came with his daughter, Hanako. Little Hanako and Daisuke were only around a year apart in age, so the two melded together and became friends rather easily growing up. She was the perfect combination of her parents with her light pink hair and big blue eyes.

"Heyy little man, ready to see auntie Sakura later today?" Shinji asked, walking up to him and ruffling his hair with Hanako following closely behind. Daisuke nodded a bit and pouted.

He didn't really wanna go see auntie Sakura, the visits always seemed to make everyone a bit sad and he always had to drink really gross medicine! But he digressed, she always gave him his favorite raspberry-flavored lollipop right after so could he be too upset?

"Shinji! Hold on I'll make us some coffee." Haru said casually, peeking her head out from the kitchen before retreating to get the drinks started.

"Hanako c'mere!" She called out, knowing the little girl loved following her around and hanging out with her whenever she could.

Hanako did exactly as told, skipping over to where Haru was in the kitchen before climbing onto one of the high chairs aligned by the kitchen island.

Hanako's infatuation with Haru started when she was just a little baby after Haru had woken up. In fact, Hanako loved Haru so much that she would throw tantrums at home whenever Sakura or Shinji wouldn't take her to her aunt's house!

Shinji was both endeared and a bit afraid of how much his daughter looked up to his little sister.

Especially since recently, she's been growing out her hair and bangs to have it look just like Haru's!

Sakura insisted it was cute, but Shinji was starting to wonder if his daughter liking Haru more than she liked him was a form of karma for some wrongdoing he served her way in the past.

"Hey cutie, do you want me to do your hair?" Haru smiled, taking her eyes off of the coffee machine to smile at her niece. Hanako's bright blue eyes glittered in excitement, and she agreed, nodding her little head and hopping off the stool.

Haru went and sat on the stool instead, picking up Hanako and propping her on her lap so that she could braid her cotton-candy-colored hair.

Outside the kitchen, Shinji and Daisuke were in the living room

"Do you think that auntie Sakura could make me feel better, and then I could finally train as long as I wanna?" Daisuke asked as Shinji took a seat on the couch.

"I don't know buddy, that's what we're hoping for though! She'll try her hardest." Shinji smiled, ruffling Daisuke's hair.

Shinji loved all of his nieces and nephews, but he always had a big soft spot for Daisuke. Maybe it was because Daisuke's own birth reminded Shinji of his own, although his mother died during childbirth and Haru fell into a coma instead.