Tyler Herro

title: pinky promise

This is in 3rd person

~1st grade~

"Y/n?" Tyler asks the young girl. "Yeah Tyler?" she replies as she absentmindedly picks up a toy car from his shelf. "Will you marry me?" He asks sweetly, holding a plastic ring from a toy machine thaw was in a small arcade. "Tyler we're like 7" She giggles. "Maybe when we're grown up then?" He asks her. "Yes! I pinky promise that when I am grown up, I will marry Tyler Herro!" She yells as she sticks her pinky finger out. "And I pinky promise that when I am grown up, I will marry y/n y/l/n" He says as he interlocks his pinky with hers. They continue to play as if nothing happened. As children should do.

~5th grade~

"Tyler?" Y/n asks the boy. "Yeah?" He responds. "Wanna get married?" She asks simply, but her heart is racing and her mind is flooded with thoughts. "Y/n. We're 11." He says. Tyler has had a crush on y/n since he could remember. "Yeah I know. But I wanna go get married" She says. "Why don't you marry Austin?" He asks jokingly as he points over to the boy with a pencil in his nose. "Tyler! Gross" She says. "Besides, I don't wanna marry him. I only wanna marry you" She says as she crosses her arms and pouts about the not-so-funny joke her best friend and crush had just made.

~8th grade~

"Y/n, can we uhh- Can we talk?" Tyler asks her, his nerves rising with every word he says. "Of course" She says to him, giving her his full attention. "So this might be weird, but y/n I really like you. Like a lot and I have for a super long time and-" She cuts him off my slowly pulling his tall frame down, so that their faces are just a few inches apart. "I like you too, Ty" She says, pulling him in for a gentle kiss. He'd never admit it, but he melted into the kiss, just as she did. "Maybe wanna go out some time..?" He asks once they pull away. "of course I do" She says with a giggle.

~Freshman year of College~

"You know,  y/n, I really love you" Tyler says as his large frame holds the small girl. "I love you too, Tyler" She says, looking up at him. They laid there, in the hard bed that his dorm room contained, just enjoying the presence of one another. They had been together since 8th grade, when Tyler asked her out. The boy was trying to figure out a way to tell her that he was declaring to the draft, and would possibly be moving.

His nerves were all over the place, and he was scared she'd be mad. "Uhm, babe.." He starts. "Yeah, Ty?" She asks him, looking at the ceiling of the small dorm room. "I- uhm. I. I'm gonna declare." He says, tripping over his words. "That's ni- WAIT. Tyler what?" She says only just realizing what he said. "I'm gonna finish this year, and then go pro. I've been thinking about it for a while. I was gonna tell you sooner, I just didn't know how to.." Tyler says.

"Well, what are you saying? Are you telling me this so I come with you? Just so I know? I need a little help here Tyler.." y/n says, now fully sitting up. "I want you to come. I know you're established and everything here, but I don't want to leave you. I want you to come with me wherever I go. I know it's a lot to ask but-" She cuts him off there. "Tyler, I'll come. Wherever you go. I'll be going right along with you. Us against the world, right?" She says, looking into his eyes.

"Wait you- You're serious?" He questions, getting excited. "Yeah. I wanna be where you are. I can just transfer colleges and go from there" She says with a smile. "You don't understand how much it means to me that you're gonna go with me" He says, his cheesy grin covering his features.

~Draft Night~

"The thirteenth pick, in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Miami Heat select" y/n's heart stops. Time slows down. This was Tyler's dream, and she knew it. "Tyler Herro" The commissioner finishes his simple sentence. To say y/n was proud, was an understatement. The smile covering her face as she watched the love of her life find out he'd be on the team of his dreams. She would never be able to put into words how proud she was in that moment.

Tyler, on the other hand, remained in a state of shock for most of the evening. The moment seemed so surreal to him. He had dreamt of this since he was a kid, and now, he was here. Shaking the hand of a bald man he knew all to well, from watching on TV all those years. Tyler knew that His mom, dad and brothers were proud of him. But he knew even deeper down, that Y/n was more proud than anyone had ever been. She knew he was capable of this, while his family had slight doubts.

(I know they're so beyond supportive but it's for the imagine! I absolutely LOVE tyler's family and they show every day how proud they are. This is just for fictional purposes.)

~in Miami~

They were there. In Miami. The beaches, the insanely large houses, and all the absolutely gorgeous scenery. Y/n and Tyler fell in love the second they smelled the salty ocean. They found an apartment temporarily, while they shopped for houses. Y/n transferred to University of Miamk, and continued her studies.

~2 months later~

Tyler and y/n had just settled into their new house and decided to go to dinner to celebrate. He told her they were going somewhere nice, so she dressed for the occasion. She had a black dress, that was form fitting to say the least. She paired it with a pair of Red pumps and wore light makeup, letting her hair fall naturally. They drove to the restaurant and once they arrived, y/n was in shock. It was gorgeous.

Once they say down, and ordered their drinks, Tyler did something unexpected. "So, y/n. Remember in first grade..? When we made that pinky promise..?" He asked the girl. "Yeah. Tyler, I do." She says, a smile on her face as the memory played in her head. "Well.." Tyler said as he got down on his knee. "y/n y/l, I love you, more than I can put into words. You're my best friend, and my biggest supporter, and you have been for years. Will you marry me?" He asks her.

Tears begin to fall from her eyes, a shocked look on her face. "Oh my god, Tyler. Yes. Yes, I'll marry you!" She says happily. He stands up and pulls her into a bone crushing hug. They kiss, and once they pull apart, he slides the ring onto her finger. The tables around them applaud and they send smiles in all directions, as a small way of saying 'thank you.' The two finish their dinner and go home.

wc: 1224

yes i did that 🥴
i hope y'all liked it as much as i enjoyed writing it! remember to vote and comment what you wanna see ❤️