The Heiress (George Weasley)

Start from the beginning

"Thank you. I must go, I will see you tomorrow." I replied.

***

Once I walked into the common room, no one really noticed me. Harry and Seamus were in a heated argument about him getting attacked by dementors. It wasn't until a third year saw me and cleared their throat and everyone's attention turned to me. I really didn't know what to do or say at that point, so I stood there frozen.

"Come along, Y/n, let's go to your dorm." Hermione walked to me and grabbed my hand bringing me to the dorm.

Once she closed the door. I started to panic. "Oh, I'm sorry I couldn't tell you Hermione. I didn't want my royal life to get in the way of my school life. I didn't want everyone to look at me as some dumb heiress who get wants she wants because she is royal. You must hate me right now. I would too. And if you hate me, everyone else will hate me. And George, he'll probably break up with me. On our four-year anniversary too."

"Hey Y/n. Look at me. I don't hate you, I will never hate you. I don't speak for everyone else. It might take them a little time to process. And if George breaks up with you, I will send me a line of hexs to him for breaking up with such a wonderful girl." She comforted.

"How about, you go to bed early tonight and we'll sort everything out in the morning?" She asked.

"I can't go to sleep without giving George his gift." I whispered.

"Don't worry about it, I'll handle it." She answered.

As Hermione went to go grab the parcel, there was a knock on the door. She turned around and walked towards the door and opened it. On the other side was George.

"Um Hermione, would it be okay if I spoke to Y/n. Alone?" He asked. She turns towards me silently asking me if it's okay, I nodded back.

"Yes. I'll see you tomorrow Y/n." Hermione bid a goodbye. I turned towards the window not wanting to face George. I heard him walk towards the bed and sit down. We sat in silence for couple minutes, not even looking at each other.

"Please say something." He whispered.

"Are you going to break up with me?" My voice started to break, still not facing him.

"No of course not. I just wanted to know why you couldn't tell me, don't you trust me?" My heart broke.

"Of course I trust you 100%. When I met you and Fred, you two were the first people who didn't know me as the Heiress. I had friends who wanted to be friends with me because of me not my title. And when we got to Hogwarts, I asked Aunt Minnie, not to say my last name because I wanted to make friends on my own." That's when I started sobbing.

"Oh my love, come here." George called out. I turned around and he brought me into his lap, rubbing my back.

"I love you so much. A Heiress or not." He whispered into my ear.

"Some anniversary right." I tried to joke.

"Yeah it is." He laughed.

"I'm sorry we couldn't go to the Astronomy Tower tonight, I know it's tradition." I apologized. Since the first day on second year, George and I snuck up to the Astronomy Tower and just talked. He asked me to be my girlfriend in third year, and from then on, we would go ever night, and give each our anniversary gifts.

"I have a gift for you, well Aunt Minnie got it. I couldn't leave the Manor, but I was going to get you the same thing." I crawled out of his lap, grabbing the present handing it to him. He opened it and was in complete awe of it.

"It's a Firebolt, with my name on it." He muttered.

"I hope you like it." I looked down at my feet. He got off the bed picked me up and spinning me around peppering kisses all over my face.

"It's amazing. My turn now." He stated before sitting back down on the bed, placing me on his lap so I was straddling him.

"I remember the day I met you like it was yesterday. Fred and I were trying to find an empty compartment, and the closest one was the one with you in it. I fell in love with you the moment you asked me if you wanted to share your Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans with me. You became my best friend, helping Fred and I with our planks being the mastermind. Becoming a big sister to Ron and Ginny when they started Hogwarts. I remember the day I accidentally told you I loved you during dinner in fourth year and you spit out your food, splattering it all over Ron. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to have children, send them off to Hogwarts, spoil our grandchildren, pushing each other in wheelchairs when we get old." I start to cry again.

"So what I'm saying is." He stood me up and got down on one knee. "Will you Y/n Athena Gryffindor, marry me?" He asked.

"Yes! A thousand times yes!" I started to squeal. He took the ring out of the placing it on my left finger.

 He took the ring out of the placing it on my left finger

"Oh Georgie, this is beautiful. This must of cost you hundreds, what about your joke shop?" I asked.

"It's a secret but, Harry gave Fred and I his winning from the Tournament last year." He said.

"Really! Oh Merlin!" I cheered.

"We also found the perfect spot in Diagon Alley. We're going to open it after we graduate." He replied.

"I'm so proud of you." I cupped his face giving me a soft kiss on the lips.

"Hey, if we leave right now, we could spend about an hour in the Astronomy Tower before bed." George said.

"What we are waiting for then, let's go." I cheered before grabbing his hand running out of the dorm.

———