Helping Hand

This is unedited. First one shot of the new year!! Hope y'all enjoy this.

Daphne's POV:

"Kitten, why aren't you dressed yet?" Jesy questions, coming in the bedroom.

I look up from my hands at Jesy then to my clothes and phone laid out on the bed beside me.

"I'm not going. Maybe you should find someone else to help you figure out who is leaking stuff to rival companies."

"Kitten, what are you talking about?" Jesy crouches down in front of me.

"I mean I can't do it. I've been at it for two months and I have nothing to show for it. She was right, I'm useless."

"She wasn't right, baby. Where's this coming from?"

I hand her my phone that's open to the texts I received about half an hour ago.

Jesy reads them then puts my phone down beside me, taking my hands in hers. "Kitten, I want you to listen to me very carefully. Nothing she said I those texts is true. You're not useless, you're not unloved, you're not stupid. There are so many people that love and need you, babe. I can't imagine my life without you in it!"

"I'm still stupid." I sniffle.

"Could a stupid person start their own tech company and grow it into the successful business it is today? I don't think so! You are a bloody genius, love. Okay?"

I nod slowly and look into her eyes. "Promise?" I whimper.

"I promise and I'll tell you every day if that's what it takes for you to believe everything I just said."

I offer her a weak smile. She lets go of my hands and stands up. She goes to the bedside table and comes back with a tissue. Lifting my head, she dries my tears then places a gentle kiss to my lips.

"You got those texts today?"

"Yeah." I sigh. "I've changed my number six times in the last year and a half, I don't understand how she keeps getting my number or why she won't stop."

"Do you think it has something to do with the person leaking information?" Jesy sits beside me on the bed.

"What would make you think that?" I tilt my head.

"One of the texts said something about you not being able to stop the leaking of secrets to Nicoletti Technologies and that the merger with Romanov Industries won't happen."

"But secrets aren't being leaked to Nicoletti Technologies and there was never going to be a merger with Romanov Industries."

"Exactly. But one of the suspects must think so. So which one is it? What false information did you let slip?"

"I didn't do it personally cause I felt it would've been too obvious. I told Leigh-Anne, Jade, and Perrie what to say and to who. Leigh was to tell Andre that you were selling the company, Jade was to tell Chris that we were merging our companies, and Perrie was to tell Jake that Nelson Technologies is doing poorly in sales and the board of directors is looking at me to replace you as the CEO."

"So did we miss somebody?"

"We didn't." I sigh dejectedly. "I did. I'll get dressed and we can head into the office." I reach for my dark blue skirt laying on the bed beside me.

"Let's get you in something comfortable, yeah?" Jesy puts her hand over mine.

I nod and kiss her lips. "I love you."

"I love you too, kitten."

Jesy gets up and goes to my closet. When she comes out she has a pair of pink joggers with a matching hoodie and undershirt. Jesy lays the clothes in my lap with a smile.

"Would you want to..." I pick at a loose string on the hoodie.

"Would I want to what?"

"Nothing." I shake my head and start getting dressed.

"Kitten, you know you can ask me anything."

"I was just wondering if maybe you would want to move in with me."

Jesy places a finger under my chin and lifts my head. "I would love to move in with you, baba."

Jesy kisses me, wrapping her arms around my waist. The kiss starts out sweet until Jesy drops her hands to my ass and squeezes causing me to gasp. She takes the opportunity to slip her tongue in my mouth. I wrap my arms around her neck and pull her as close as possible. As the kiss gets more heated, the need for air becomes necessary. Jesy pulls away first and lays her forehead against mine.

"We should get to the office." Jesy pants.

I hum in agreement and peck her lips then pull away. I slip on some shoes, grab my laptop bag, phone, charger, and wallet. Grabbing Jesy's hand, we head downstairs.

At the office

Knowing that I missed a suspect, I'm now suspicious of everyone in this office. I did a thorough check of every person in this office so for me to miss another suspect, they have to be good.

When we get into Jesy's office, she closes the door as I set up shop on the couch and she goes to her desk.

"You're suspicious of the whole office now, aren't you?" Jesy questions from her desk.

"Yeah." My computer dings, drawing my attention and what I see confuses me then alarms me.

On my screen is an anonymous email. While I do find that alarming, the pictures attached to the email are what really concern me.

"Jes!"

"Yeah, babe?"

I look at her. "You're being stalked."

All mistakes are mine. Vote, comment, and tell a friend! How would y'all feel about me making this into a full length book? Let me know your thoughts. Also feel free to request a one shot. I also want to thank y'all for all the love you've been showing this book, y'all are awesome!!
Until next time.
Much love!!