Can I trust you with a secret?

Guyssssss, I'm back! Here it is the first of the year and hopefully still more to come!
Always, Val

A month later...

Hailee's POV

"Why is it that it always smells like dragon's piss?" George gagged at the potion as I stirred it. "The smell is never as bad as the  taste", Ron countered. "You boys are children" I chuckled. "You've never tried poly juice potion. I'll bet you 5 galleons you'll be sick the second you swallow it" George chuckled back at me raising an eyebrow at his suggestion. "I'm smart enough to not make bets with you, George Weasley" I laughed. "Such a shame" he whistled. "Right, back to the matter at hand. The potion will be ready tomorrow. Did you gather the hairs?" "I've got Harry's. Caught him snogging Ginny again. So, it's fair to say he was quite distracted though, he did notice. Don't worry, I guilt tripped him with the whole you were snogging my sister on my face again excuse" George chuckled. "You got lucky. Nothing escapes Hermione. She caught me taking hairs from her hairbrush and has been insisting all day why I took them. Even asked if I had some weird fetish" Ron rolled his eyes. "Well, I have to say, that wouldn't surprise neither of us" George joked to which I laughed. "Shut up, George" Ron groaned. "I still don't get why do we have to use poly juice potion" Ron sat down on the dusty couch that was in the burrow's attic coughing when then dust hit him. "Because, no one will question the golden trio giving a visit to the ministry" I explained for the thousand time this week to him. "I just didn't think I'd have to disguise myself again you know?" George and I stared at him as if he grew another head. "What?" Ron frowned. "Sometimes, little brother, I think you were born stupid" George laughed. "Why on earth do you need to call me that for?" He discussed standing up. "You will be yourself, Ronald" I rolled my eyes at him giving the potion on last stir. "Right, right, forgot about that", he scratched his head. "We should head back. We've been absent too long and like Ron says, nothing escapes my sister. Meet you tomorrow here at noon. Agree?" I asked them. "Agreed" they both said back as we all headed to our rooms. We were just getting to the kitchen when Hermione stopped us, "Where have you three been?" She crossed her arms in front of her. "We just met here, but I was outside taking a walk" I lied quickly. I had gather some day one of them would caught us and was ready for a reply. I hated lying to my sister but there was no way she could know. George cleared his throat, "I've just got back from Diagon Alley, was dropping a few things at the shop." "I was looking for you actually" Ron answered. "I've been here this whole time, Ronald. And I haven't seen you in like half an hour" she countered. Smooth Ron, smooth. Ron nervously laughed, "So we've been playing this game for a while I guess." Hermione narrowed her eyes at each one of us then back at him, "You've been weird lately, does this have to do with your rare fetish for hair?" She wondered a look of disgust in her features. "No, Merlin", Ron groaned, "oh come on" he pushed her to follow him but she halted, "Wait, I need to have a word with Hailee." "Sure" Ron shrugged to which I opened my eyes at him. "Um excuse us" George shot me an apologetic look as he drifted off with Ron.

"So" Hermione said aloud making me slightly jump. "Hogwarts would be back functioning this summer. I would like to finish my last year, will you be returning with me?" She asked. "Absolutely, though I have to say you didn't even have to ask" I chuckled. "Well, Harry and Ron won't be joining us. They want to tryout for the Auror's program. So, I thought I'd ask you too" she shrugged. "Oh, well I'm not ready to work for the ministry. Not yet at least, I still have two years left at Hogwarts" I said to which she nodded clearing her throat, "There's been a conversation we've been putting out for too long", she crossed her arms. "Whatever do you mean?" I frowned at her acting innocent. "You know what I mean Hailee, it's been more than a month but I haven't forgotten. I want to know what really happened that morning at St. Mungos", she pulled a chair from the kitchen sitting herself and gestured with her eyes for me to join her. I cleared my throat looking at the chair but not sitting, I was not having this conversation with her. If my feelings got in the way something might slip out, "Sister, like you said, it's been over a month and I'm over it. And I've told you what happened. I've let it go. So should you." I turned on my heel to leave when she spoke again, "I have to say I'm quite disappointed." "Disappointed?" I questioned her frowning. "That you do not trust me enough to tell me the truth", she explained. "Hermione, I trust you with my life. You're the only family I've got left. You're my sister" I assured her surprised at her words. "Then why can't you tell me?" She insisted. "Because there is nothing to say. I loved a boy who was not good for me and now he's not in my life anymore", I insisted back. "Loved... Don't use the word in past tense if it's not true. You don't stop loving someone that easily, especially not you. You love Draco Malfoy, I see it in your eyes, I hear it when you cry yourself at night. Yes, I've heard you. Why you chose to leave him, escapes me; and why you can't bring yourself to tell me worries me even further. And while I'm disappointed you won't", she stood up walking to me caressing my cheek, "know that I'm always here for you and that I love you." I shook my head her words shocking me and sinking into my heart. I whispered because I've spoke tears would have threaten to fall out, "I love you too." She sighed, "hmm" and left calling Ron out to follow her. I let out a breath of relief after I heard their footsteps disappear. I'd have to learn to control my emotions better, if I couldn't keep it together; the ministry plan was going to be a disaster.