Annoying Little Game

I LED MYSELF INTO THE GREAT HALL reaching the Gryffindor table

I LED MYSELF INTO THE GREAT HALL reaching the Gryffindor table. Still pale faced after my encounter with Malfoy, I tried to shook it out of my head as I reached the table where Ginny and Harry were sitting along with Ron and Hermione who, had made their way to the great hall before me. I sat and tried to eat but I ended up playing with my food.

"Hailee, you alright there?" Hermione wondered. I shook my head out of my thoughts and replied with a smile, "Yes, I am perfectly fine". "You sure? You seem a bit pale" Harry eyed me. "No, it be must your glasses. I'm alright" I mumbled. "Hailee, I have perfectly good vision and see you are not okay. You are acting strange. Did something happen before coming here? Where did you head off to when you left Harry and I?" Ginny asked.

I suddenly felt annoyed at my best friend for asking me that, but then again it wasn't her fault, and she couldn't know I went after Malfoy. I shifted in my seat as they stared at me waiting for my response. "I was just.... I ..." I tried. "You are stuttering" Hermione pointed out. I desperately tried to think of something that would get me out of this. If I told them I was with Draco they'd probably think badly of me or worse they would think I was up to something. "I was begging Professor Snape for extra credit, you know me", I countered and thankfully, and before they could question me, I felt someone sit beside me. It was none other than Oliver Wood himself. "Hello Harry, sorry for my intrusion. I'd like to run through a few things before the Quidditch tryout today, if you don't mind. I assume Ron will be joining us" he smiled taking a sip from a pumpkin juice that he had brought with him.

If I wasn't hungry then, now I couldn't even look at my plate now. Oliver Wood was seating right next to me so casually and I was on the verge of running out the hall embarrassed. Ginny knew it and tried to contain her laugh meanwhile, my hands became suddenly the most interesting thing ever, and I tried to hide my blushing. "Sure, I appreciate you doing this even if you are not on the team or a student here anymore, Oliver. It never hurts to have a few pointers from someone who spent all his years here in Quidditch" Harry said and Ron nodded enthusiastically. He was trying out for Oliver's known position this year, the keeper. "It's no problem at all but, I suggest we get going now. The try out is only a few hours away" Oliver pointed out. Ginny and I never missed a game. Her because of Harry and me because of Harry and Oliver who was present on every game. We heard he was joining a professional quidditch team soon.

"Yes, we should hop to it then, see you in the try out girls" Harry dismissed himself and Ron. Ginny would leave too soon enough. "Bye, lovelies" Oliver said but then turned to me. In an instant, my breath caught in my throat as I stared at him in return. "Hailee Granger, right?" He asked. "In flesh" I mumbled. He smirked knowing he was getting me nervous. "I'm guessing I'll see you there?" He raised an eyebrow. "Never miss one" I smiled trying to act confident. "Wonderful", he took my hand in his, "see you there, beautiful", he kissed my hand and was off.

As I tried to recover from what just happened, I looked up to see that Hermione and Ginny were giggling. I scoffed, "You guys are awful" . "You should have seen your face, you were so flustered. Even I can't believe what just happened" Ginny laughed. "Hey, let's not be mean about it even though I can't believe it myself" I breathed. "You are beautiful and smart. You should believe it" my sister smiled. "Thanks, Mione'", I blushed.

Later that day, we were ready to go down to the Quidditch tryout. Ginny had already taken off and Hermione was blabbing on about yet another Ron mishap. "I know, it just that he gets me so mad" she explained. "You are always mad at him" I rolled my eyes smiling and tried not to laugh at her. I know she likes him, she is my sister for Merlin's sake. They just need a little push. I've never actually imagined Ron with her, I always thought that she and Harry will end up together although, I would never say that because Ginny is my best friend and she likes him but, Harry and Hermione are kinda perfect for each other. Then again, maybe that's why they can't be together.

I'm always the last one to finish getting dressed and Hermione wanted to get first row seats so she went ahead. Fifteen minutes later, I managed to finish and head to the tryout. As I was getting there, I saw Oliver coming the same way as I. I tried not to get nervous this time as he approached me. "Hello, I see you stuck to your word" he smiled. It was a gorgeous smile. "I never break a promise" I smiled back. "I see... You know I always come this way to see you.." he whispered. I was astonished by this, the boy I was madly crushing on just said that. "You do?" I asked. "Yes, I find you very beautiful Granger, not to mention you are very smart which is a bonus" he brushed a piece of my hair. "I .. I don't know what to say" I gazed into his perfect eyes. "You don't have to say anything. I just wanted you to know it. I really really try to act cool when I'm around you but I'm pretty big bundle of nerves inside" he admits chuckling. "Well you're not the only one for sure" I giggled. And then he was leaning in, the person who has been my crush for years was about to give me my first kiss and I didn't even know what to do. Sadly, our moment was cut off by no other than Draco Malfoy.

"Trying not to get caught, Mudblood and blood traitor?" Malfoy hissed at us with his signature smirk. "Malfoy, always nice to see your lovely self" Oliver said sarcastically. I chuckled and Oliver winked at me. "I can't say it goes the same for you, Wood" Draco said annoyed rolling his eyes. "Of course", Oliver then turned to me, "see you there, babe" and took off. God, did he just said babe to me? I turned around to see Draco still there looking at me rather pissed. He took a step towards me closing our distance.

"Were you going to kiss him?" He asked pissed. "Do you always have to ruin everyone's life?" I snapped at him. "Answer the bloody question, Granger" he snapped back. "Yes, but why would you care? Oh and thank you for interrupting" I hissed. "I dont" he whispered, his eyes softening. "Then why bother? Honestly, why do you always treat me like this? Its so strange", I said frustrated.

"I don't know" he admitted. "Malfoy, like you've said multiple times, I don't have time to argue with you today. I'm going to the tryout as should you" I said. "I don't play anymore" he whispered. "Lost your skill, Malfoy?" I smirked.

"Is an annoying little game" he growled behind me. I smirked and turned back, "Oh, like you?" He grabbed my waist and crashed me into the wall trapping me with his body and brushing my hair out of my face gently. He ran his thumb through my cheek and whispered in my ear,"No, just like you".

And with that he left, leaving me there with a stunned face and quick heart beat...