"You don't deserve to deal with this."

cw // mentions of past mental health, and progress reverting back slightly. stay safe, everyone. :]

Dream thought it was weird that George was talking to himself in the dark. He looked over at the clock that said it was 3 am. Hearing George mumbled lightly into his phone, slowly getting louder as the call went on, "I'm not even in London right now, I'm sorry that this is happening but your life doesn't affect me anymore."

George was listening to the other person on the other side of the phone, "Mum, I'm sorry about grandpa, especially for gran, but I said I didn't want anything to do with any of you, and I meant that. You've done nothing for me, please do this one thing. I'm tired of getting your calls, it hurts me and you've caused me enough pain." The woman continued to speak, until George cut him off.

"Holy fucking shit, mum. I said stop contacting me. I'm busy and don't have time for your bullshit. It's the middle of the fucking night, and I don't want to wake up Clay. Just let be, please. Send gran my love. Bye,"

George set his phone down on the bed, his head immediately went to his hands. Dream placed his hand on the man's shoulder, startling him.

"Did I wake you up, baby? Sorry, I just had a call to take," George laid down next to his boyfriend. Dream brushed through George's hair with his fingers, "How long has she been trying to call you?"

George pushed his head into Dream's chest, "Since around my dad's birthday, when I didn't message him. It just sends me into a mood that I just can't shake." Dream pulled George closer to his chest. "Why was she calling you this time? If you don't mind telling me."

"My grandpa is in the hospital, I want to care but I don't have enough energy to deal with them right now. And I feel bad for my gran, but I'm overwhelmed," George sighed lightly, hugging closely to the taller man's chest.

Dream thought about the past couple of days that had spent together, "How are you doing mentally, George?"

The smaller boy was confused, "I'm fine, I don't know why you're asking me that?" George moved a little away from Dream, sitting up and moving back to the edge of the bed, "I don't like what you're suggesting right now."

"There's nothing wrong with not being okay, George. Things keep overwhelming you and I want to make sure you're doing okay," Dream sat up next to George. Tears started to roll down George's face, "I'm sorry. I just don't know why I feel like this, Clay. I thought getting rid of my family would make my life better, but I feel like shit and I feel like I can't do anything right."

"I just can't stop thinking, my brain just won't stop moving. The only thing that stops it is sleep, I just want everything to stop going so fast." George was having a full on breakdown at this point. "Can I hold you, sweetheart?" George nodded quickly, Dream pulled the upset boy into his lap.

"I'm right here, George. Can you try to breath with me? I'm sorry that I wasn't aware you were feeling like this," Dream was making George take a deep breath with him. This continued until George was calmed down enough for them to talk.

George's breath was still shaky, "I'm sorry, Clay. I didn't know I was going to cry like that." Dream was rubbing his hand up and down George's back while continuously pressing kisses to his forehead, "That's okay. It's okay to cry, there's nothing wrong with not being okay."

George's hands went to his face, "That hasn't happened in a long time, I'm a little embarrassed. Sorry that you had to see that." Dream moved George's hands out of his face, forcing him to look at him, "I'm glad I was here. I just wish I knew how I could help you better. I'm unsure of how to help you."

Dream continued, making his voice softer, "Have you considered seeing someone more equipped to help you?" George nodded lightly, "Ponk convinced me to after I graduated. I went until she said I was better. I just think the stress of my parents is messing with my progress a little bit."