chapter 3: the designer 1

Y/n pov

I sat on one of the benches and lifted my mask to eat. Once I heard someone coming I pull my mask down and look to see the 2 I fought and 6 other people. "*Kccvxx* people approaching *quckkx*", D06 who was by me spoke as he turned his head.

"Good copy... ah, Ruby and Yang right? Nice to see you 2 again", I say as all 8 sat by me. "Hey Y/n, say who made D06 if you don't mind me asking?" Yang asked "they had to be made by some very rich person huh". I looked towards Yang then said, "I designed and made D06, if you want I could make you a simpler and weaker version of D06".

"Really? Thanks I'd like to see you make one for me", Yang said then she hugged my arm. She let go a second later. "S-sure you can watch me. Though it isn't very impressive", I say "I can't really protect myself at times so this is why I made D06". I place my hand on my metal companions head.

"So how long have you 2 have been together?" A guy with blonde hair asked. "*xzzxch* 1 year 4 months and 17 days *chxzxz*" D06 spoke for me.

"That is quite a long time, bet you 2 had many fights from what you are saying", some red hair woman said by jaune.

"Yeah", I say looking down remembering how I had got shot at, blown away, and cut by the robots "it was hell." "What was that last part?" Ruby asked. I shake my head and then say, "oh it doesn't matter, anyway who are the rest of you?" They all introduced themselves and we talked. I left the lunchroom pulling up my mask and shoving what was left down my gullet before leaving. I head outside and to a warehouse I was given by Ozpin to design my perfected creations. "*cychxx* Shut down in 1 hour *xzzxch*", D06 responded to his low power. "Rest, I don't need your help right now", I said opening the door and turning on the lights.

Inside was a handful of machines, a large toolbox, a shelf filled with many little pieces and a metal large table in the center. Do6 goes in near a charger then plugs himself in while I go to the machines.

"Alright last nights makings were", I said to myself looking into the boxes near the machines seeing pistons, shock springs, circuits, motherboards, and dust energy batteries "Good and ready". I pick up the pieces and head to the table. I pick up my tools and started on a prototype Runner. After an few hours I had the main body completed. I was slightly tired so I went out for a break. I walk our seeing team RWBY "hey Y/N! Come join us!" Ruby yelled waving her arms. I sigh and walk over to them. "Hey", I say cracking my back "out for break to?" "Well it is break time but why weren't you in class?" Ruby asked. "I gotta design and build my robots for Ozpin. That is why I am aloud to skip class and be in my workshop", I responded while stretching.

"Lucky, you get to make cool things while we have to listen to boring lessons", Ruby whined while we walked to a vending machine. I placed my input with some lien and take the canned coffee. I open it then say, "I might be able to get you out if Ozpin lets us work in my workshop".

"Oo oo do we make cool guns and weapons?" Ruby asked in excitement. "Eh.... kinda, weapons are really only like 15% of the robot", I say lifting my mask and taking a sip just to spit out the coffee back in the can "ughhh, disgusting".

I toss away the bod coffee and slide my mask back on. "So, wanna see how my workshop is?" I say "it's amazing unlike your dorms".

"Do I!" Ruby said in excitement as she started hopping. "Alright, I'll lead then", I say walking back to the workshop. The rest follow and open the door. Team RWBY go in as Ruby stood in Ah, Yang looked to the table where my parts were, Blake and Wiess didn't seem to care much. I go to the table and grab some frame and joints that will be the legs. "So is this my D06?", Yang asked smiling. "Yep, what about it?" I ask attaching the pieces. "It could use a paint job, maybe yellow", Yang asked getting into my personal bubble. I move away and keep working as i slid a piston between the frames. Yang moves back then said, "sorry, so how does this robo dog work?" "Runner, it's called a runner", I correct as I connect some wires to the leg and body. "Oh, well I'll be going then, bye", Yang said as she leaves. The rest follow as I was left alone... again. I sigh and keep working. "Alone again... oh well... was I to rude there... maybe, I mean I hadn't talk to anyone for... years", I talk to myself and put a goal for myself.

"I need to apologize to Yang and work on my speaking skills", I say. I keep working while talking to the non listening machine to help my speaking skills. After 4 hour I was finished with the legs. "Last the head", I say pulling the last pieces to myself.

I take another hour putting it together and connecting it. "Alright where ah there it is", I say pulling out a hard drive the size of a DVD box. I pull out a USB cord and connect it to the hard drive and Runner together.

"Hey... PR-057... you are gonna be working for a woman Named Yang", I said as I go to the small armor plates. I pick them up and go to a painting machine. I put in yellow as the color and black for the numbers and letters. I let them run and slowly fall asleep as it was late.

From the corner of my eye I saw someone come in but I was to tired to think as I pass out.

/////

How was the chapter guys? Also I won't be listening to the votes as I got a few ideas.