Chapter 1|The Final Goodbye

ALYSSIA looked ahead at the sunset. It looked beautiful with different streaks of colours.

She hoped life will be like that; colourful and consistent. Ever since her dad died, life had been so unpredictable.

"Sia!" Her mum cut through her thoughts. "Yes ma!" she said rushing to the house she lived in all her life, the house that would be someone else.

"Have the movers arrived yet?" her mum asked with an impatient undertone. "Not yet, maybe there is traffic on the highway," she said trying to soothe her mum. Her mum had been through some with the loss of her dad. Having to give up the farm because of debt and now having to sell their house. She had gone through a lot.

"Oh dear, stop worrying about me." Alyssia was taken aback wondering if her mum could read her thoughts. If that was true, she thought before smirking, God knows the amount of trouble I would have been in."

"I'm not, mum. I just wish we didn't have to just move and leave everything behind," she said with a sigh. She loved the neighbourhood with all the friends she had. She couldn't help but feel troubled by the idea of making new friends.

"Alyssia, we've talked about this already. All will be well." All will be well, huh? she thought, when? asking no one in particular. She knew her mum was serious since she called her name in full.

"How about you go over and say bye to your friends. That will make you feel better," her mum suggested.

"Alright, I will stop bothering you," she said before leaving to go to the park.

Alyssia was a girl but the friends her mum was talking about were no girls. She preferred hanging with guys. To her, she just couldn't vibe with girls. In her words, "Most girls I have come across are usually just interested in rubbing off what they have that I don't. They love going on about their perfect life.

They will gossip about you non-stop, I find it hard to trust them. And they love guys, a little too much. Some lose interest in me once they notice my style of dressing. What the hell is wrong with ripped jeans and sneakers, at least they are comfortable compared to the ladder on legs. I still slay no matter what I wear."

She just couldn't get enough of taunting girls who try to flirt with her friends. Just the expression puts her in a good mood, therefore enforcing her distance with girls. Sure enough, when she got to the park, she saw Regina, the wannabe b*tch trying to flirt with Caleb.

Excitement overwhelmed her and she soon forgot her predicament. "Hi Caleb!" she said gingerly, giving him a hug. She made sure to note Regina's look, it would come in handy when her mum tries to crack jokes. Regina was obviously upset that Alyssia hadn't noticed her.

"Hey garbage girl, can't you see I am talking to someone that you are not?!" Regina said obviously trying to cause a spark. Alyssia was ready for this, she gave her biggest smile, "Oh hi! It's you Reg. That explains the smell, thought a rat died here."

Caleb wasn't ready for what happened next. It just happened and he was in the middle of it.

"Oh, you think you are so smart but you not!" Regina was already turning red. Literally. She hated the nickname 'REG' cause it sounded like 'RAG" but with an accent...and there was the insult.

"Just following your footsteps, sister," Alyssia shot back with a salute.

"No you didn't! You have no idea what is going on in my head right now, loser!"

"Well, now I am in your head and there is nothing else with me."

"Silence is the best answer for a fool."

"That explains why everywhere was silent while you talked."

Caleb couldn't hold back from saying the words he wanted to say badly, "BUURRN"

Regina scoffed in disbelief. She faced Caleb, "Whose side are you on anyway?!"

Caleb looked at her liked she asked the most obvious question ever. "No one. But with the insults, I got to say Sia is beating you hands down and any other position the hands decides to be." When nobody seemed to get the joke after few seconds of silence, Caleb in mock defeat said, "Nobody gets me"

Alyssia grinned at Caleb's usual show of disappointment.

Regina regained herself after a huge show of adjusting her clothes. She said, "I'm leaving," before storming off after no action to stop her.

Caleb released a huge sigh that made Alyssia chuckle. "You always chase away my girls."
"Don't worry, you'll thank me later."

Josh and Ethan jogged over, grinning.

"Yo Alyssia! That was hawt!" Josh said making Alyssia roll her eyes a bit. Inside her, she was blushing at the compliment but she had a friendly banter with Josh that made the group stay happy. It was based on who they thought Caleb appreciated the more.

"But seriously, you gave her," Ethan joined in. He was so impressed, at least his face said so.

"You guys don't like her?" Alyssia replied obviously amused.

"Naah, she is such a show-off," Josh stated with an eye-roll.

"Yeah, once she knows you won't be so willing to be her dog, she will drop you like hot-cake," Ethan added.

Alyssia faced Ethan, making a big show of ignoring Josh. "So I heard, I had to save my good friend," nodding to the direction of Caleb.

"I would have known how to handle it," Caleb shouted back. " I believe y'all familiar with the term 'use and dump.' We'll just hook up and bam, that is it."

They laughed at Caleb's diabolic plans. This was part of the reasons Alyssia loved being her. She could hear all this stuff about some girls who let them go easily from a safe position. She wouldn't want to be in their shoes. Literally, the shoes those girls wear were impossible.

Alyssia may not be close to girls but that didn't mean she generalised her opinions. She knew there were some who were the exact opposite. She liked those kinds but she preferred her guys...

"Guys..." Alyssia tried to get their attention for the announcement she had stalled for so long. They suddenly paused their conversation and turned towards her.

"What's up"

"Guys...am moving. It is final."

Author's Note
How did you guys like the first chapter of the story? Let me know in the comments section!

Don't forget to let me know of any errors or typos. Please, let's keep the comments clean. NO profane words, Respect everyone's opinion, and NO rude remarks. Let's create a clean reader's community! :)

Please Note: The views or opinions of any character do not represent mine. Kindly read, clearing all false assumptions. Thanks!

Don't forget to vote if you liked the story and you want more. You can follow me on IG at just._treasure to get updates on the story. I am so excited that you are reading this story and exploring my world of imagination! Stay safe!