OLDChapter 9OLD

Mark glances at my wooden maple walls. His eyes tracing the frames and stopping back at me. I shiver and wonder what he might be thinking.

"You have a nice room. It's spacious." Mark finally points out. "Hm it's kind of weird that your ma left the country side. It's beautiful out here but I guess she wanted something more modern and exciting."

I shrug. "Yeah, she should of never left though. The city is pretty hard." I frown from the harsh memories. Her being addicted to drugs and my father beating us. If only she never left she would of had a better life.

"You don't look like your ma. You're brother has her features." Mark poked at.

I try to bite down my angry. "Yeah, I know I look like the spitting image of my father." Well before drugs and alcohol took over his life. My grandparents always take about how beautiful and lovely my mother was.

How did everything go downhill? Now she's in rehab and my father in prison for his crimes. Why didn't she leave him?! Did she not care about me and Peter?! He she did Peter wouldn't be like this...

I feel a hand on my shoulder. "Hey what's on your mind?" Mark squeezes gently.

My eyes flash grief. "Nothing." I answer soullessly.

"Hm I know you're always hiding something. And your smiles as fake." Mark smirks weakly.

I gasp and shake my head. "No, really it's nothing."

I look around trying to change the subject. I see my Criminal Minds dvd set. I quickly go get it. "Hey have you ever seen Criminal Minds?"

Mark smirks shaking his head. He knew I didn't want to continue our previous subject so he drops it. We quietly lie on my bed watching the show. After the fifth episode my eyelids were getting heavy. Mark was also trying hard to stay up.

"Thanks for letting me sleep over Oreo." He turns to his back.

I yawn nodding "No problem. How's your-"

"Oh that it's better. It'll probably leave by Saturday."

I smile. "That's great. So we still going together with your family?"

"Yup." Mark was barely awake.

"Um Mark?"

"Yeah?" He replies but it was less then a whisper.

"What's your illness called." I've been wondering this for the longest time. If I knew what it was called I could do research and help out ways to help Mark.

"It's nameless so far. Doctors don't know what's wrong with me. And for my treatment it would cost a fortune so I'm stuck with pain killers."

"That's terrible... I wish I could help." I sigh.

Mark warmly looks at me with a sleepy smile. "Thanks but I'm alright. I don't want my little panda to worry." He teases.

My cheeks flush from his statement. I look at the clock. It was extremely late. "We should sleep." I state.

Mark yawns while stretching away. "Yup. But mind if I shower first?"

"Sure go ahead." I smile. "I'll shower after you."

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

I was washing my slick black hair while thinking of where I would sleep. I know it's my home but I feel ride making my guests sleep on the floor or couch.