Chapter 9 : LEAVING

Start from the beginning

"Yeah,' I answered before stepping inside the bathroom.

"Wooh." I let out a deep breath.

"Lord, keep me away from temptation." I prayed silently.

For fuck's sake, one week pa lang kami! And she's fucking virgin! I won't ever destroy her. Not if she's still not ready for it.

Pagkatapos kong maligo, sa bathroom na ako nag-bihis. I just wore a white beach polo and a pair of maong short. I wore my Birkenstock and went out from the bathroom.

"Oh, wow," ani Kara at sumipol. I ignored her and went to the vanity table to fix my damp hair.

Gumulong siya sa kama. Dumapa siya at pumangalumbaba habang tinitingnan ang repleksyon ko sa salamin.

"You know what, Caleb? I'm kind of disappointed."

"Why?" I asked, still fixing my hair.

"I was expecting you to come out from the bathroom almost naked, but my expectation didn't came."

"Pervert."

She only chuckled at that.

Manyak. I almost rolled my eyes at her.

I should get use to her being like this. Flirt, vulgar, and tempting. I should always bring my Bible with me, then.

"Tara na, gutom na ako." I stood up.

"Right, I am starving."

"Hindi mo sinabing nagugutom ka na pala." I sounded annoyed.

Ayaw ko nang nagugutom siya. Tsk.

"Well, ang dami kong nainom na tubig dagat kaya I felt full earlier. Ngayon ko lang na-realize na gutom na pala ako." She laughed a little.

"Tara na." I held her hand. Umalis na kami sa cabin at nag-tungo na sa restaurant ng resort.

The restaurant is a public place. Kahit sakop siya ng resort ay ginawa itong pampubliko.

Kakaunti lang ang tao sa loob nang pumasok kami ni Kara, hawak pa rin ang kamay ng isa't isa.

"Where do you want us to sit?" I asked.

"On the chair?" Her forehead creased.

"What the fuck? Syempre sa upuan! I mean, saan mo gustong pumwesto?"

"Ah..." She nodded slowly.

"My God, bobong bobo ah." I mocked her.

"Mas bobo pa rin you," aniya at umirap.

I massaged the bridge of my nose because of the sudden frustration.

"There! Beside the huge window!" Itinuro niya ang lamesang pang apatan na tao sa may tabi ng malaking bintana. Tanaw na tanaw ang dagat at ang buwan mula roon.

"Okay."

We sat on our chairs and asked for the waiter to get our orders. I ordered steak, while she ordered chicken salad.

"Iyon lang ang sa'yo?" Tanong ko nang ma-realize na hanggang lalamunan lang ang kakainin niya.

"I'm on a diet."

I scoffed. She looked at me.

"Since when? E, ang hilig mo sa ice cream."

"Since ngayon lang! Bakit ba ang epal mo?" Inirapan na naman niya ako. Tinawanan ko na lang siya.

Our food was served and we ate silently. We ordered dessert, and of course, my Kara can't resist the sundae in the menu. I ordered buko salad for my dessert.

"I have to tell you something." I wiped the cream from the side of my mouth.

"What is it?" Kara asked, still devouring her ice cream.

"I will be leaving soon." I tried not to sound lonely. I don't want her to feel sad about me, leaving her.

She stopped eating her ice cream and she fixed her eyes on me.

"I'm sorry, I think I heard you wrong. What is it?"

Damn. I know she heard me. She's just denying it.

"Malapit na akong u-umalis ulit." I tried so hard not to stutter.

"How soon?" She raised her brow.

"In a month."

"That fast?" Her eyes sparkled not because of joy but because of the tears that's forming in her eyes.

Oh God, that's the last thing I wanted to witness.

A crying Kara.

I wanted to punch myself so bad. It's a bad timing! We're in a public place for fuck's sake, I can't comfort her here.

I held her hand, but she refused.

I looked at her and saw how I made her cry. She's crying silently.

My heart ached more.

"I'm sorry, baby."