Twenty Four: Issy

Start from the beginning

He would just sit and watch her for a few minutes, then get up with a sigh after trying to talk to Isa and she forced him to leave, not wanting to hear any of the bullshit that was bound to fall from that sexy mouth of his.

But now, they were past that....kind of. Everything was fine.

She had thought they were on good terms until she woke up a-fucking-lone that morning!

Isa was making herself a glass of soda in the kitchen when she heard her front door open.

"Who is it?" She called.

The response she got came not in words, but in a pair of sexily muscular arms wrapping around her waist that she knew all too well, and for a nanosecond, Isaline welcomed the heat that came with Adrian's touch before face screwed up in anger as she whirled around, her arm propelling as her hazel eyes watched in a twisted type bitter content as the lemon-lime flavored soda flew into his face.

Adrian let out a loud scream, trying to cover his face, "Damn it, Isa that shit got in my eyes!" He yelled.

"Good you fucking asshole!" Isa screamed back, pushing him and watching as he slipped in some of the soda that fell onto her tiled kitchen floor, landing in a sexily ungraceful pile of giant vampire limbs, staring up at her in shock, "You left me!" Isa snapped, crossing her arms across her chest as she glared down at him, "You promised Adrian, you fucking promised me! Are we breaking those again now and I just didn't get the motherfucking memo?"

He winced, wiping at his face as he shook his head, "I deserved that." He finally muttered as he stood up, approaching Isa with his hands up in surrender, "I'm sorry, Issy." He cooed, "I just....I had some shit going on in my head, I needed to get out and drive around."

Isaline wasn't entirely focused on his apology, more so stuck on the endearing nickname that only Kenny called her and her nephew (when he learned to talk) would call her.

"Are you sick?" She spat, watching as he started to clean up the mess Isa had made.

Two things about Adrian that Isa learned early on about Adrian was -one: he was controlling, and two: when it came to cleaning and having things in their correct spots, he was damned near anal.

"I must be," Was all he muttered after wiping up her spilled drink, cleaning out her glass cup and handing her a new, clean one, "I must be fucking sick in the head, Isa. I'm sorry, okay? I didn't want to leave you, I know I promised, but the longer I stood there, the faster and faster my mind seemed to race. I felt like I was going crazy, Isa. If I had sat there a second longer I would have.... I don't know what I would have done, but it was definitely not going to be good, and I'm so sorry I broke my promise."

He pulled her into his arms, and this time Isa let him, but when he went to press his lips to hers, she turned her head, a deep frown on her face as she glared across the kitchen, "Isa-"

"No," She snapped, glaring at him, "You should have at least woken me up. Don't kiss me."

Adrian pulled away from her with a sigh then, shoving his hands deep into the pockets of the same jeans he had worn the previous night, "Very well," He murmured, pushing some hair from his face with a large hand, "I'll just gather my things and be on my way."

Isa turned to pour herself some more of her beverage, scowling down at her cup as she spoke, "I didn't say I wanted you to leave."

"Well what the fuck do you want me to do then?" Adrian finally snapped.

Isa shrugged, shouldering past him and resuming her seat on the couch.

Adrian- like she knew he would- followed shortly after, and sat down next to Isa, throwing his arm across the back of her couch as he slowly started to relax. She knew she had him wrapped around his little finger just as much as her father and brothers were.