Chapter Thirteen - Change in Power

-Breanne-

-Breanne-

"Tomorrow we will officially announce the change in power, reporters and camera crews will be needed." I start "Rooms will be available to you..." I addressed the other leaders "for as long as you need, I will speak with each of you individually to discuss our relationship as monarchs going forward. Supplies will be sent to your people." I left and as I did the bowed. My room was my sanctuary and its where I headed, once I reached there, my legs gave out and I dropped to the floor, my breath ragged and hands shaking.

I sucked breath in as I watched the future play out, the battle was gone. All I saw was my coronation and my brother reluctantly standing with our family as I was crowned. I felt an enormous weight lift off my shoulders.

"You're okay." Dad wrapped his arms around me "You're okay, you did it, he's safe."

"I...I..." I struggled to get my words out "I don't know how to be a Queen, Dad. I wasn't born for this, wasn't prepared, yet I've just forcibly taken the thrown."

"I will help you, your Granny and I will help you through this. I promise." he whispered then kissed my head.

"Breanne!" My brother yelled and we both looked to the open door. Dad stood up

"Stay here." he closed the door

--3rd Person--

Adam shut the door to his daughter's bedroom, he saw his son, wife followed by his mother, uncle, brother, Mal, Harry and Audrey.

"Harry, Audrey. Why don't you be with Bree." they nodded and walked past him and into Bree's room.

"I need to talk with her." Ben seethed.

"Not right now, you're coming with me" he grabbed his sons arm and took him to his office, they all followed. Once the door was shut, it went off.

"She can't just take the throne." Ben huffed

"She can and she has, Ben." Adam removed his glasses and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"What is going on, Adam? Why is this happening?" Belle questioned stepping forward

"You can't become Queen, Mal. If you do you set of a chain of events which the loss of life will shatter this country forever."

"The future isn't certain." Mal retorted and Adam groaned

"Son. Let me " Agatha breathed taking his side "This is what you don't get, what most of you fail to understand. A seer see's many possible futures, but sometimes something is a fixed point. The more intense and persistent a vision is the more likely it isn't going to happen. Breanne is meant to become Queen. It is her destiny, however the future that she was constantly plagued with is that it was through your death Benjamin.

Can you imagine how hard this is for her, watching you die on repeat. Finding a way to save you and not become Queen? Or how about you not believing her. You are so selfish and oh woe is me when you have permanently scarred your sister. For that alone you should be punished." Agatha scolded. Ben's face dropped.

"She gave you the choice, she opened up to you. Breanne wanted you to have the chance for you to make your own choice. You did and this is where we are. At least you'd get to marry her. Lord knows why." Agatha gave the dirtiest look at Mal

"In answer to your question Belle, we now have a Queen, her coronation will take place soon but the power is with immediate effect, she will be addressed as 'your majesty.' Benjamin, you will return to 'your highness' and all the official documents and other royal stuff should be with her by the end of the day. In the coming days, the rest of the country will know and you will do the decent thing and support her or so help me I will show you how punishment was handled during my time." Agatha threatened

----------------

It was announced that there was and important announcement to be made the following day. When it rolled around, Bree had been up all night moving from one part of her room to another. She then dressed and started at the ring on her finger, the ring that she still saw as her brothers. She looked up with an invisible fire or determination in her eyes

Unstoppable - The score

-Breanne-

Ben was already waiting at the exit of the castle. A podium had been set up, I walked out and took my place the swarm of press became quiet.

"I will be reading a statement, followed my brother making his own. There will be no answering questions." I glance at my family. Granny and Dad nodded in encouragement.

"Over a year ago, Auradon had a nightmare. A nightmare which I'm sure you've forgotten. I haven't, my sight has had it on repeat since. A bloody battle with lives lost, what you didn't see was what led to it. Since it first came to me I have tried to change it, 25 times to be exact. Yesterday it changed. It changed because I took control of the throne by using an ancient law created an ancestor." Questions started being shouted

"As of yesterday with immediate effect the shift of power fell to me. A coronation will follow but the matter of the fact is. I am Queen." The questioned got louder "Upon my coronation and parliament of Ambassadors will be put into effect as well as Royal Guard. People of Auradon, I do not make this decision lightly, I was not born or prepared to be Queen. But what I saw I could not live with my self if I hadn't of changed it. I know this will be a confusing time and you have many questions. But I promise that in my reign, I will not shy away from the harsh truth, I will use my gifts for the good of the country and I will not fail."

"I will now pass over to my brother, his royal highness Prince Benjamin." I stepped down and my brother stood where I was. He cleared his throat, the looked back at me before turning to face the camera's once again.

"First I want to apologise to my sister, for failing as a brother. I was hit with some hard truths and a harsh light was shone on my actions. Breanne..." he cleared his throat again "Breanne is a strong person who saw no other option but to save me from myself. Having the night to sleep on it. I stand here today fully supporting her as Queen. Thank you." We headed back inside. I leant against the wall breathing heavily.

"How long did you plan this?" I lift my gaze to him "Has everything since you came back, been a lie."

"You're one to talk about lies Ben. After everything you've pulled since meeting her, since becoming King. We used to be united as one, us twins against the world. Since I could remember you were never afraid of my gifts, you knew what I would become. But that all changed. I told you something you didn't want to here and you abandoned me. After all that I still tried to save you. My lies are nothing compared to yours." I stormed off, wiping my tears away furiously