Chapter Nine - Rewrite the Stars

After I spoke with Merida I left to practice for my act tomorrow

After I spoke with Merida I left to practice for my act tomorrow. I sat down on the seating and prepared myself.

"So, did she ask?" Harry plopped himself down next to me and was eating an apple.

"Yes, and I told her most of the truth. I've talked the talk, now gotta walk the walk." I huffed

"Okay. Then what?"

"What do you mean?"

"What happens after the big event, do we..." he trailed off taking my hand in his and kissing it.

"Harry, you know we can't." I took my hand away "I will have to fight harder, work harder because I'm a woman. There is no plain sailing, and those who oppose the change will be waiting for me to 'screw up'. As much as I would like it's not on the cards." I sigh

-------

The next day, I watched as everything was prepared for the days events, when I noticed purple hair. I wasn't in the mood for her.

"I like the Queen, but I also can't wait for this visit to be over." She told me but I never replied

"Aren't you going to ask why?"

"I have a feeling you're going to tell me either way." I shrug

"Well, now that your back and the last of the royal visits is almost finished, Ben and I can plan the wedding." I froze, it felt as if my blood ran cold "I think with Evie's help the wedding could be as early as next year." I turned on my heal slightly.

"Is there a reason you're telling me this?"

"Yeah, I know you're up to something, and when I finally marry Ben I can find a way to stop you because I will officially be queen." she smiles I walk out of the room and it turned into a sprint as I tried to get away from her as quick as possible. I opened and closed a door.

"No!" I screamed. My power sending out a surge of energy wrecking the immediate vicinity.

"Sweetheart?" I gasp and turn to see my concerned Dad "What's wrong." I didn't say anything. I was so angry, sad, helpless, just a surge of emotions.

He held me protectively in his arms, no words were exchanged in that moment. Nothing he just soothed me till I was calm and embraced with fatherly love. I couldn't hold it in any longer.

"I'm trying to change the future." I sniff.

"What?" I pulled away.

"I told you about my visions..." he nodded " I've watched him die, over and over again, what feels like a million times. The battle, his death, what causes it is on a constant repeat...." I began to explain things he knew and didn't. My tries to change it, I even came clean that I was the one who encouraged and helped Audrey as much as I could. How he only way he wouldn't die and I wouldn't become Queen is if someone other than Mal took that place. But we tried different versions of getting them to split up but nothing stuck.  I went on to admit how, when I left, I kind of already knew that I might end up where I am now. How I planned to take the throne from Ben by enforcing the legend law which we can't find hide nor hare of. Almost a years worth of everything came spilling out.

"Oh Bree." He breathed