Chapter Seven - Harry, saves the Day

Bored, that was the only thing that could describe how I was feeling right now, stood here talking to ambassadors from other kingdoms

Bored, that was the only thing that could describe how I was feeling right now, stood here talking to ambassadors from other kingdoms. This was my brothers idea of a welcome back party. I can see why Harry used to call it Boradon, I never used to feel this way, but then again I've never ran off in a huff for eight months and suddenly returned. I glanced around the room, Ben and Mal were talking with Mom and Dad. It looked like a decent conversation.

Harry was with Gil and Uma. It looked like he was getting grilled, who knows about what. Harry had told me that Uma had been questioning everytime he came over to see me. He also stated that Gil thought there was something going on between us. What was going on was complicated. We were bonded well the three of us were bonded by something so powerful not even I fully understand it. Yet it seemed more. He believed in me he was one out of two who believed in me with his whole pirate heart. His intentions weren't to save Ben as much, he didn't care much for my brother. No, he wanted to save Uma and Gil, his crew and his family. Both he and Audrey saw what I saw and felt what I felt, the intensity and the sureness that if we didn't do something, this would be our future.

During our eight months we had become closer, than we were before, it was quite possible that I might have strong feelings for him, though I can't entertain the thought, with my brother and my country in danger. Even then, I would need somebody who would understand my responsibilities should things go to plan and this one actually succeeds. Then there was Jay, I still cared for him but I no longer had the same love and trust like I did when we first met and started dating, speaking of he was sulking in a corner talking to Carlos who had Jane with him. I hadn't spent much time with him since I got back, but I had a mission and I couldn't be more distracted than I already am.

Audrey was with her Granny and mine laughing at their conversation. I was so glad Granny was here, she was the first person I went to after we left. She didn't need to see what I saw to believe. She believed in me and the power I was given.

"Thinking with the world on your shoulders, Sassanach? Don't mind if I steal her away, do you mate?" Harry caught my attention and led me away from the ambassador.

"You looked zoned out there, love."

"Well my mind actually seemed better than this 'party'. I thought this was supposed to be a celebration, it's more like a state dinner." he chuckled

"Well I wouldn't know."

"They're necessary but they're dull. I'm bored." Harry thought for a moment.

"Hold that thought." he left me and I sighed folding my arms.

"He fancies you." I jumped hearing my uncle. I looked up to him, in slight confusion "He does, I saw him talking to the other girl and me being the observant one I am noticed he kept glancing at you which annoyed his friend even more. Oh look here he comes."

"Come on." Harry took my hands and pulled me closer to the middle.

"No, what are you doing."

The song finished. I heard a furious applause followed by slow ones then it picked up the pace. I breathed heavily as I was lifted upright, once again.

"Bored, still, Sassanach?" Harry whispered in my ear and I giggled.

------

I was chatting with Audrey and harry when i felt tap on my shoulder. It was my uncle.

"My turn Juju, you remembered Charleston right?" I laughed

"Of course"

"That's my girl." Lucas laughed as we finished. "I'm gonna go get us a drink." He left to do that, the night had turned around and I went back to talk to my friends when i was pulled aside.

"So you and Harry are a thing now?" It was Jay

"Jealousy is not an attractive feature, Jay. That and it's none of your business. We're not together anymore, we haven't been for a while." I snatched my arm back and joined my friends, Uncle Xander and Granny.

"Well you certainly know how to put on a show, sweetheart. I haven't seen that much happiness since Agatha learned that your grandfather broke his hip." Xander commented

"Xander!" I scolded

"Oh really, like you could dance like that, you can't even dance a basic waltz without tripping over your ego and sarcasm . I need a drink, could I...oh sorry son, i thought you were a waiter" she turned to see my Dad there. (Couldn't resist)

"Nice, Mom." Dad commented. Lucas came back with the drinks and handed me one. The night was no longer boring.

Thanks to Harry.