i felt a tap on my shoulder.

"what?" i asked in an annoyed tone.

i stood up and turned to see kusuo holding out my (drink).

my face instantly lit up.

"for me?" i cheered.

he wordlessly nodded as i grabbed it from his hands.

i thanked him and urged us to go back to class as the final bell was about to sound.

"you should get your fortune told by that new girl" i told him as we walking in the hall.

"no" he simply said.

'no ❤️'

the rest of the short stroll was silent.

class began again and the day went on as usual.

~timeskip to after school~

(i'm aware the timings don't match, but as i said this story is random and it doesn't follow the main plot except for a few things)

switching my shoes at my locker, a small girl bumped into me. she looked younger than me, but was still wearing the pk uniform.

"uh can i help you?" i asked.

the girl wore two pigtails, she was adorable and seemed quite confused.

"i-i'm looking for saiki kusuo. i'm a first year, imu rifuta!" she introduced and smiled.

i slightly smiled back and turned to continue changing shoes, but still paying attention to the young girl.

"kusuo, yeah. i was about to go wait for him, you're welcome to join-" as i closed my locker, both shoes on i was interupted by a voice coming from the other side of us.

"kusuo wait! don't leave without me."

looking to the direction of the voice, i spotted the new girl and my new friend, hugging saiki on the side as he held onto her head.

my face unconsciously fell into a frown.

"he's got a girlfriend? no way!" the blonde first year yelled.

"what" i mumbled under my breath.

i felt like i had been stabbed in the gut. i didn't understand why this scene hurt so much to see, but it made me angry and sad and all kinds of unexplainable things.

"saiki! is that your girlfriend?" imu ran over to the couple as aiura kept saying sweet things to him.

'i love you,'

'boyfriend,'

"yup! we're dating!" the tanned girl proudly said.

saiki just nodded.

my mind went blank as kusuo and i made short eye contact. his eyes widened for a moment, as did mine.

"hey y/n! come hangout with us, we were about to go on a date!" aiura shouted from across the locker area once she spotted me.

i forced a smile and nodded no.

"it's alright, i wouldn't wanna interupt your date. have fun with your boyfriend." i replied, quickly grabbing ahold of my bag and walking away.

i took a few deep breathes once i was far enough outside of the campus.

"shit, why did i feel like that..." i questioned.

i sat on a swing at the park, not caring about the weird looks i got from the little kids and parents who were playing.

'holy shit, maybe that's what the fortune was talking about..." i pondered for a few minutes.

"this is so stupid, he has a girlfriend who is my friend. i have to be supportive." i whispered to myself.

'even if it does hurt like crap'

~timeskip brought to you by nendou's chin~

"and then she invited me to join them on their date! i wanted to die of emberassment!" i groaned.

a sigh came from the other line.

"y/n, you are pretty flirty with him. even shun brought it up and even teruhashi gives you weird looks." aren spoke.

i flopped onto my back as the phone balanced on my chest.

"no i am not! i just like teasing him, but aren they were saying 'i love you' and stuff! saiki won't even high five any of us, let alone full on cuddle in public." i complained.

"if it bothers you so much, talk to him. how could they be in love? didn't she just get here today?" he advised.

"yeah.... but what if they're long lost loves or something and i'm just the side character who has no chance of even talking to him again"

"not in this fanfiction." he said

"what?" i asked.

"i said just talk to him y/n. aren't you the one who is always trying to be a bad bitch but instead you just look stupid?" he responded.

"shut up, you suck!" i quickly hung up the phone and mumbled 'bitch' under my breath.

'maybe if i watch some (favorite show) it will help' i thought.

i soon fell into a nice slumber, sleeping away my problems and putting off any bad thoughts.