32

As I finish my packing, it sure is difficult to pick out the things that I am going to bring in Paris.

It was silent, it made me think of how it was just like yesterday when I was having the same feeling as I move here. Nervous, yet now I simply cannot wait.

"Sweetie, let's go. It's time," mother says standing by the door, with a filled and gentle smile.

I packed up the courage and stood from the floor, opening out the handle of my suitcase.

I looked at my empty room, squatted a bit as something got my attention, and saw the first book that I have read in here. I picked it up and flipped through the pages.

"How was it?" mom asks, pertaining to the book.

"I loved it, Akisha was right," I replied with a sly smile.

I scanned my eyes one last time, and saw the box of letters.

"You coming?"

"You go on ahead, I'll-uh, I'll just have a couple of minutes."

As she closes the door behind her, I ruffled my way through the bottom of my desk, as I grab the box.

I smiled, and grabbed every note, and placed them in my bag. I don't know what I'm going to do with them, to be completely honest. But it was certainly the first time I had received true compliments that made me special.

I went on downstairs, expecting to see him, but the living room was so silent. I took a deep sigh, and ran my way through my backpack, and took out a random paper and pen.

Leo,

I'm sorry I couldn't have a proper goodbye to you, I wish you nothing but happiness. Hoping to see you someday.

Giselle

"I love you too, mother," I called as we hug in the airport.

"Damn, I can't believe I'm saying this but I'll miss you, Morris," Dwyneth says.

"I miss you already," Amara says.

Danny, trying his best to pull his tears, exclaims, "Visit us, yeah?"

"I will," I replied as we all hug.

I took a deep sigh, plastered a smile, and walked.

Waiting for the flight, I was rummaging through my bag, trying my best to find my written plans, only to find an unfamiliar journal.

I furrowed my eyebrows and glided my thumb through the leather-covered black notebook.

for Giselle, and Giselle only.

My heart skipped a beat, as I opened it further, there were pictures and descriptions.

[a/n i want yall to listen to The White Way of Delight; Anne with an E soundtrack on a loop as you read this]