Chapter 3: Alexander Hamilton

"I still can't believe they made a musical about me!" Alexander whispered to Elizabeth.

[Aaron Burr:]
How does a bastard, orphan, son of a whore and a

Oh dear God...
Alexander was horrified with the amount of information that was sang.

Scotsman, dropped in the middle of a forgotten
Spot in the Caribbean by providence, impoverished, in squalor
Grow up to be a hero and a scholar?

Alexander was frantically looking around, trying to avoid eye contact. John L. noticed this and intertwined his hand to Alexander's. Elizabeth got closer to Alexander and held his arm. It's best if no one says anything right now.

[John Laurens:]
The ten-dollar Founding Father without a father

Elizabeth turned around and whispered to Charlie, "What is a founding father?". "Oh um," Charlie stuttered from the sudden question and thought, "It's basically what we call all of you. I think the term was first used in 1916,".

Got a lot farther by working a lot harder
By being a lot smarter
By being a self-starter
By fourteen, they placed him in charge of a trading charter

It's sad to think about anyone working at a young age. Charlie got some looks she didn't notice because she was focused on the musical and the popcorn. The reason why some people looked at her was to think about how many children her age or younger are working in this world.

[Thomas Jefferson:]
And every day while slaves were being slaughtered and carted
Away across the waves, he struggled and kept his guard up
Inside, he was longing for something to be a part of
The brother was ready to beg, steal, borrow, or barter

Alexander tensed up. The memories of his childhood would always haunt him forever and he chose to ignore them, until now. Just thinking about it makes his heart beat faster and the room was so quiet, he was sure everyone can hear his heartbeat.

[James Madison:]
Then a hurricane came, and devastation reigned
Our man saw his future drip, dripping down the drain
Put a pencil to his temple, connected it to his brain
And he wrote his first refrain, a testament to his pain

Just the mention of the hurricane was too much for him. He can feel all the stares right now and he started playing with the hem of his sweater to take his mind off the stares. John L. got closer and laid his head on Alexander's shoulder. Charlie got sad and thought about her biological parents that she lost when she was still 2 because of a typhoon. She looked at the bright side because this moment wouldn't have happened if her fathers didn't adopted her.

[Burr:]
Well, the word got around, they said, "This kid is insane, man."
Took up a collection just to send him to the mainland

"His writing was that impressive huh?" Peggy broke the silence. She got looks from people and Alexander calmed down when the attention went to her. "What? I was trying to break the silence and the tension in this room," She defended herself. Angelica laughed softly, "Yes, his writing was that impressive,".

"Get your education, don't forget from whence you came, and
The world's gonna know your name. What's your name, man?"

[Alexander Hamilton:]
Alexander Hamilton

"There's the man!" Lafayette lightened up the mood but still whispering at the same time and patted Alexander's back. Alexander looked at the screen and smiled.

My name is Alexander Hamilton
And there's a million things I haven't done
But just you wait, just you wait...

[Eliza Hamilton:]
When he was ten his father split, full of it, debt-ridden