Chapter 15: Sensory Overload

Start from the beginning

"You're so mean, you know I do, you just don't want to admit it," Bex poked her in the side.

"You wish I was just being mean," Lyssa giggled and pulled away.

"I know you are, say it. Say, Rebecca, you have some good qualities too," Bex poked Lyssa some more.

"Rebecca, you have no redeeming qualities whatsoever."

"That's it!"

Bex chased Lyssa around trying to tickle her.

Joan watched the two run around the cafeteria from afar. A sick empty feeling in her stomach. Darci followed her line of sight and frowned before looking back at Joan.

"What happened between you two?" Darci asked.

Lyssa laughed as Bex tackled her to the ground, right in the middle of the walkway. Bex gloated in triumph, having gotten Lyssa. But even better having gotten Lyssa to smile. Of course, Lyssa quickly reminded Rebecca that she had let her catch her and could have easily run away if she wanted to. Which made Bex pout.

Joan just got up and walked off without answering as soon as the bell rang.

As the day went on Bex's headache progressively got worse. By the time she was in band practice, it was almost unbearable. The worse the pain got, the more irritable she became. By the time band practice was over she wanted nothing more than to go home and rest. Sadly she still had one thing left to do.

She waited for Lyssa who showed up ten minutes late. Ten whole minutes that Bex had to stand outside in the cold and wait with her broiling headache. Then to add insult to injury, Lyssa was being rude.

She didn't say hi or ask Bex if she was okay to go on. She just took her to the training room and ordered her around as if she was some dog. Lyssa wasn't fairing much better than Bex. Her headache has also progressed which left her with little to no patience for Rebecca's whining.

She rubbed at her temples, her head pounding in discomfort. Which she figured could only mean one thing, she needed to feed. Unfortunately, Rebecca wasn't fully recovered from the last two massive feedings, so she restrained herself. Which made her grouchy.

"Wrong, everything about this pose is wrong," Lyssa said for the third time as Bex struggled to correct it.

"Well instead of saying that, help me fix it!" Bex snapped at her.

"Want me to hold your hand and tuck into bed too?" Lyssa snapped back.

"This isn't even helpful!"

Lyssa pushed Bex on the shoulder causing her to stumble back.

"Stop it!"

"I'm proving a point," Lyssa narrowed her eyes.

Bex lashed out and tried to push Lyssa, but Lyssa's stance was solid and she did not budge.

"Now that you have that out of your system, Try again," Lyssa ordered her.

"I'm not your dog!"

"I never said you were."

"Then stop treating me like one!"

"I've done no such thing!"

"Rebecca do this, Rebecca do that. Rebecca, Rebecca, Rebecca!" Bex mocked Lyssa's tone.

"You are ticking me off," Lyssa warned.

"Oh, because I'm so scared of the vampire who yells at drawings!"

Lyssa grabbed Bex by the throat and slammed her against the wall. Bex wasn't having any of it. She got out of the hold just as Lyssa taught her. Then she grabbed Lyssa by the arm and flipped her to the ground.