Chapter Five: An Impostor Among Us

If anything, Wendi's death was a wake-up call. The foul stench that was emitting from her acid remains turned everyone's stomach. Beatrice's boastful claims were null and void now. This is real. Death is possible. They could die.
Beatrice was shaking and sweating bullets. It seems the cruel reality hit her the hardest, as her face looked as though she came to a horrible realisation.
A loud wail, riddled with all the pain in the world, erupted from Bliss. "EEEAAAAHHHH!"
She hastily clung to Ivy, shaking profusely. "We're doomed.... We're doomed... I don't want to die Ives... I don't want to die..."
Ivy brought Bliss into a light hug. "We'll be ok. It's all going to be ok." She said softly.
Although she was trying to be comforting, even Ivy was sick deep down, grimacing as she looked at Wendi's corpse.
Her eyes drifted towards Prince. He was dead still. His body was motionless, and his face was expressionless. He began to shake, his face still lacking emotions, before he noticed Ivy looking at him. Instantly, he became shocked, as though his reaction to Wendi's death was delayed.
In a moment, Gunther spoke, his deepened voice showing hints of delight. "Yellow was the poisoned shot. Wendibell Lilith has died. "Shots of the Rainbow'' has come to an end." When he finished speaking, he turned the electronic tablet back on.
The same, white background appeared on the screen, and a familiar mask, twisted into a smile appeared.
It was Apathy, the mastermind behind the dinner party disaster, dancing about the place and twirling his cane masterfully. He came to a stop, and approached the screen, bowing his head slightly so his top hat doesn't fall off. He swiftly pulls out his phone, and presses a button, and the creepy, high-pitched voice rang out once again.
"Oh NO! Oh NOOO! It appeARs as though WENDIBell LILiTh haS diEd!" He spins in a circle before resuming his speech. "NoW thaT Wendi hAs dieD, thErE iS nO onE to ConfeSS Her SIn!" He stops twirling his cane, and stands still. "I guess little old APATHY is going to have to fill you in."
Out of nowhere, a chair appeared in the white background. Apathy sits down, like he's about to tell a story, and begins to speak again. "Time to tell you the sin of WendIBell Lilith. Or shOULd I saY..." He pauses. "Farah Gosey."
Confused looks were shared from those in the room. "Farah Gosey?" Ivy asked herself. Apathy continued to speak.
"Twenty five years ago, husband and wife John Gosey and Emily Lilith were having a TErriBLe fallout. Their love for each other had vanished comPLetely! Arguments were more often than dinner!" Apathy crisscrossed his legs on the chair, planting his cane firmly on the ground as he spoke. "The Final straW was when Emily gave birth to twins. At this point, both John and Emily wanted nothing to do with each other, so each parent took full custody of one twin, and they never spoke to each other since." Apathy's goofy voice took a surprisingly serious tone as he told his story. "Twenty years latEr, the twin Emily Lilith raised grew up to be Wendibell Lilith, a famous actor and model. The twin John Gosey raised, Farah Gosey, was a nobody, who still lived at home. She was pretty, AnD hAd deCent actInG skills, but her FathEr had removed her from the world. John and his daughter lived by themselves in a cabin in the woods. John would often come home drunk, and beat his daughter Farah, saying all sorts of things that caused her to develop a dEep and intEnSe hatred for her father."
Apathy's tone got darker. "At some point, Farah discovered that she had a twin sister out there in the WorlD! Since John had no family, Farah thought she was all alone, but there was hope! Farah confronted her father, wondering why he kept her twin a secret, but he flew into a rage and beAt Farah worse than he ever had before. At this point, something dark overcAme Farah. She waited until her drunken father wEnt to sleep."
He paused, creating a thick wall of tension in the room, before he at last spoke. "Angered from the disrespect and countless beatings, Farah brutally StaBBed her father to death, knowing that no one would come lookInG for them way out here in the woods."
A tingling sensation flowed through Ivy, as her eyes widened. Beatrice took a step back, faint from all of the shock. "You're lying, that can't be real." Said Beatrice, shaking her head.
Seemingly ignoring everyone in the room, Apathy continued. "FarAh did some digging on her MySterY twIn and dIscOverEd her twin was the famous Wendibell Lilith. Farah thought that she could finally find family to connect with! But a seething, boiling jealousy grew inside of her. Why DoEs my FlEsH anD blooD havE suCh a beTter liFe thAn i do?So she devised a plan." He stops. "To murder her twin sister.....and take over her life."
Bliss sharpy turns towards the corpse. "So that right there... is Farah?" Bliss shakily says, looking as though she's about to vomit too. Apathy continues the story without missing a beat.
"Farah emailed her sister, Wendibell, to come over for drinks. Wendibell, who knew all along that she had a sister, and was thrilled to finally meet her. When she arrived at the cabIn, Farah invited her in, anD poIsoNed Wendibell's drink. An hour later, she was dEaD. Farah proceeded to wear her dead twin's clothes, and burned the cabin down, turning her dad and sister's remains to ash. For the next five years, Farah Gosey took over the life of Wendibell Lilith."Apathy pressed a button on the phone, preventing him from speaking anymore, and the tablet switched off.
"We will begin the next game momentarily." Gunther says loudly, his voice echoing through the room.
"The second game is for the owner of the Playing Card symbol." He points towards the corpse of Farah Gosey. "Because the owner of the symbol is dead, you will have to play her game without any acceptions."
He steps away from the window, and walks towards the door to open it. Andria was outside, waiting to escort the rest of the dinner guests to their next game.
Everyone was petrified and overflowing with different emotions. "No...you can't make me go... I don't want to go..." Bliss struggle: to move, her legs quaking. Andria entered the room and put her at gunpoint. "Move it, or you'll get your head blown off." Bliss looked up at the weapon. She was losing herself, the fear was overtaking her, and she was going to be swallowed up.
"Come on Bliss." Ivy says, giving her a weak smile. A single tear rolls down her cheek, as any rationality left in her meekly came back to the surface from Ivy's few words. She nods slightly, and Ivy puts a hand on her shoulder, as they walk out of the room.
Beatrice looks down at Farah, tears forming in her eyes before she blinks them away and walks out.
Prince lingers in the room for a moment too long, spacing out like he did at the dining table, before Andria snaps in his eyes, snapping him out of his trance. "Lets get it moving." Andria says. "Right..I-um... sorry." Prince mumbled, as he walked out of the room, kicking his fedora to the side unknowingly.
The four remaining individuals were escorted along the second floor, passing a balcony inside the house next to the winding staircase. They approached another door which was on the far right of all of the other remaining rooms. Gunther and Andria switched roles, as Andria opened the door to lead them to their second challenge, and Gunther handed Andria the electronic tablet and remained outside the doorway.
This time, the room had a mustard yellow wall. It was much bigger than the room for the first challenge, with fake potted plants in some corners of the room. To the left was a door that led to the bathroom, and a big arched window was at the front of the room, this time with no curtains making the room fairly sunny. Marks on the floor indicated this was some sort of bedroom, but it was replaced with a giant wooden table. On the table, there were fifty two playing cards faced upwards, in rows of four, with thirteen columns. Andria heads towards the front of the room, the sun from the window casting her shadow along the floor.
"This game is called "Remember the Deck." Andria begins to explain. "You have fifty two cards lined on the table, with no pattern whatsoever." Andria puts her gun in her pocket as she explains. "You will each have one minute to remember the placement of the cards. Then, In the order of Ivy, Prince, Beatrice, and Bliss, you will each walk up to the table and pick two similar cards." She approaches the table and picks up four cards: the eight of diamonds, the four of hearts, the four of spades, and the seven of diamonds. "If you pick two cards with the same shape, you win one round." She holds up the eight of diamonds and the seven of diamonds, showcasing it for a bit before putting them back in their spots. "If you pick two cards with the same number, you also win the round." She holds up the remaining cards, the four of hearts and the four of spades, before returning them back to where they came. "Every time two correct cards are picked, hand them to me. Once everyone has gone twice without making any mistakes, the game is over."
Beatrice nervously interrupts her explanation of the rules. "What happens when we pick two incorrect cards?" She asks quietly.
Andria turns and approaches Beatrice. She picked up her hand, rubbing it softly with her black gloves. "Imagine an ace to be equal to one, and a jack, king, and queen to be equal to ten. We take the numbers of both incorrect cards and add them."
She squeezes Beatrice's hand hard, hurting her slightly. "And that's the number of fingers and toes we'll be cutting off." Beatrice jerks her hand back in abhorrence, starting to shiver in the warm room. "You have one minute to remember the placement of cards. Do not touch them in any way. Your time begins now."