🐉🐉TDS Sequel 🐉🐉

Interested in the sequel to The Dragon's Scale? Here is the summary and first chapter.  For more, check out The Sage's Vow on my profile!

  For more, check out The Sage's Vow on my profile!

The veil separating the realms has weakened.

With the first four seals stolen, the strength of the temples fades, and more outbreaks from the Energy Realm puts strain on the Paladins.

For Josh, it's nothing he can't handle. With his team by his side, sending otherworldly creatures back where they belong is the best sort of training. At least until Cale and Mara leave for a mission of their own meant to build up their strengths and leave him with a new teammate he barely knows.

As the tensions grow high in the Sanctuary, both because of the ongoing war with the Shadow Knights and shady Sage politics, Josh tries to find comfort in his former life and the people he thought he'd left behind.

But his peace is not meant to last. Mara and Cale have disappeared, and all clues point to them being in the Energy Realm.

Home to monsters and remnants of Phoenix Dragons, the other realm holds many threats, but Josh will do whatever it takes to find his friends.  While there, he discovers a way to give the Paladins an edge in the war, but this solution forces him to make a decision he isn't sure he can make.

He must put his fate, as well as those he loves, in the hands of a Sage who hates him.

🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉

Chapter One

JOSH WAS FALLING.

Wind whipped around him, and his shirt billowed beneath his chainmail armor. Water approached, faster and faster as his speed increased. His heart raced, adrenaline pumping through his system.

He pressed his arms against his sides so he went even faster and laughed.

About a thousand feet separated him from the ocean when the sensation came through the bond.

With a smile, Josh relaxed, as loose as a leaf plummeting through the air. A shadow passed over him, and then forelegs wrapped around his torso, front claws applying the barest pressure to his chest. Less than five hundred feet above water, Josh's fall changed. The dragon holding him continued his glide downward before sloping up, taking Josh with him.

The ocean, less than a hundred feet from where their descent had stopped, continued to thrash below them.

How was that? Boomer asked, a smug smile in his voice.

Josh craned his head back, grinning. Much better, he said. I barely felt any pressure against my chest this time. Very smooth.

Boomer's lips curled upward, and he held his head a little higher.