CHAPTER 13

I looked around only to find a confused looking Aunt Rachael.

I told Aunt Rachael and she advised me to leave Parker. She said he was not worth it.

I went back to the Perkins house and kept it in order. As I arranged and re-arranged, I went down the memory lane.

"Emmy, how do I tell a girl that I like her?" A ten year old Noah asked.

"Lets go ask daddy." Emmy said and we both raced to my dad.

"Dad, we want to know how to tell a girl we like her." Emmy said and giggled.

"You like a girl?" Dad asked Emmy horrified.

"No. Noah does." Emmy said.

"Rule 1: Let her know you are always going to be with her." Dad said looking at Emmy.

"Yes. Like me and Noah. We are always going to be together." Emmy said and we fist bumped.

"Rule 2: Don't let a girl you like know you like her. And if she does, act a bit uptight around her so she can feel free to talk to you." Dad said and looked at me.

"Dad does that mean I have to be uptight with Emmy?" I asked dad.

"No. Always be your self." Dad said and Emmy's dad came in and played with us for a while before he and dad started talking about work.

A fourteen year old Noah.

"So what has been bothering you?" I asked Emmy.

"Can't tell you." She said immediately.

"Bestfriends tell each other everything." I reminded her.

"Well, you are not my bestfriend." She said avoiding eye contact.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked hurt.

"I like two boys." She said and immediately dampened my mood.

"Wow. Who are they?" I asked curiously.

Are they smarter than I am? Are they cuter than I am?

"Parker is the second boy." She said crushing me.

Parker. Parker Ford. My male bestfriend.

"Oh wow. Parker's cool." I said as I bit my lower lip trying to hold back the tears.

"Yeah I know. He has this pale green mysterious eyes." She said and stared dreamily.

"Umm.. okay?"

"Yeah, this is the embarrassing part." She said and cleared her throat.

"Go on Emmy." I urged her.

"Well, I like you." She said and I let out a sigh.

"Say something Noah."

"Well I like you too but Yvonne. I like her. She's-"

I received a stinging slap.

"How am I supposed to feel? Just because I said I like you?" She accused me.

"Emmy I didn't mean to insul-"

"Its Emily from now henceforth." She said sternly as the tears flowed from her eyes freely.

"Don't cry." I said and scooted closer but she moved away.

That action sent a sword into my heart immediately.

"Go and meet Yvonne." She glowered.

"Stop it. Yvonne doesn't-"

"Pick. Yvonne or me." She said and my heart froze.

Yvonne or-

"That says it all. Yvonne it is. Get out of my room. This friendship is over. Leave." She said as she sobbed.

I wanted to hug her but I received another resounding slap and she said,"I HATE YOU NOAH BELLS."

I'm not a coffee drinker
But I lost sleep just thinking of you
So pour me a cup, I need to wake up
I need me some love, now give it to me

I grabbed my phone and checked the time.

23:11

How long did I stay here?

I picked the call because I knew there was only one person that I appointed the ring tone to.

It was Emmy.

The last time she ever called me was when we were paired for a project in tenth grade. That's two years ago.

"Hi Emily." I said smiling into space as I waited to hear her lovely voice.

"Noah. Is Emily with you?"

"Aunt Rachael?"

"Answer me."

"No. What's going on?"

"She left." And with that the line went dead.

Only one name was on my lips.

Parker.