Rushing to the bathroom to get semi-ready since she didn't want to wait too long and have her pancakes get cold, I went on autopilot mode. Taking a quick shower and dousing myself in vanilla scented soaps before putting on a fluffy robe and wrapping my dark hair in a towel.

I start worrying a bit about time since I tend to take really long showers and never even realize when I'm doing it, but then I remember that Haruki was still in her pj's when she came by to my room and far from being completely ready, so I still must've had plenty of time.

Damn...She even had a fresh mani-pedi? I think to myself, remembering the light pink color on her sister's nails. She must've gotten up extra early!

I pause for a moment and look down at my own nails before sighing in relief. Luckily, none of mine have chipped! Curse black for being such an easy color to mess up!

Haruki is...well I'm the more responsible one in all honesty whereas Haruki is definitely the starry eyed one who always seemed lost in the clouds. While I'm studious and serious, Haruki is idealistic and acts like a literal cupcake. However when it comes to morning routines??

Haruki has me beat.

Mornings are just so terrible, it's probably the one thing I share with my mother. Our joint hatred for waking up.

Well that and our love for dark manicures...

Speaking of my mother, I'm snapped out of my thoughts at the sound of her voice calling my name from downstairs.

Oh god, did I really over shower?! On my first day?!

I rush downstairs in a slight panic because damn, I'm gonna miss out on breakfast and be late?! To my surprise once I reach the dining room, I'm greeted by the sight of a completely set up table.

The large window looking over the hokage mountains had sunlight beaming through the room, shining directly on the food and creating an even more mouthwatering look.

"Runa honey what'd I say about letting your jaw hang like that?" A voice suddenly laughed, spooking me out of my stupor. I immediately shut my mouth and looked back to see my mother walking up to me with an amused smile on her face.

Isamu, her large summoning wolf who looks pretty intimidating but is really just a big softie walks behind her nonchalantly. Well, big softie for my siblings and I. The same can't be said for people outside of the family.

I look back up at my mom and am slightly amazed by how put together she looks considering how badly she hates morning time like I do. Her long white hair was done in two dutch braids, and although she had no makeup on her face looked as flawless as always...

Ugh, I wish I looked like that in the mornings, instead I look like I got in a fight with someone's cat!!

My mom leans down and places a kiss on my temple before nudging me towards the temple. "C'mon I made your favorites! Eat before they get cold"

I look down at where my mom's manicured hand was pointing and feel my mouth nearly water at the sight! She really did make my favorites!! Chocolate chip pancakes!

This is great! There's literally no way I'm letting my day sour when I've had such a good start already, plus it seems like mom is in a good mood so that means everyone else around her is in a good mood.

My eyes gaze around the table and find Haruki seated right next to where I normally sit, and my little brother Daisuke is sitting across from her in his usual seat. I walk over to the table and ruffle his hair before heading right next to Haruki and plopping down on the cushioned chair.