“Your father took leave today.”  Gao Mother ushered them into the house and Gao Father was sitting on the sofa with an unhappy expression.  Gao Mother whispered.  “When you suddenly disappeared and didn’t bring anything with you, he thought the aliens had come.”
Gao Yu Lan almost laughed out loud.  By her side, Yin Ze had put down all the things in his hands and he poked her.  Gao Yu Lan quickly said.  “Dad, Mom, this is my boyfriend, Yin Ze.”
“Uncle, Aunt, how are you?…..  My name is Yin Ze.”  Chef Yin felt nervous and ill at ease.  Following Gao Mother’s indication, he sat upright and proper in his seat with a serious look which made Gao Yu Lan laughed out.

Yin Ze and Gao Father simultaneously turned their heads and glared at Gao Yu Lan.  She quickly hid behind Gao Mother and both women sat down on the sofa to listen to their conversation.
“Boy, where are you from?”
“I’m from A-city.”  Yin Ze was extremely well behaved.

“Why did you come?”  Usually, Gao Father is a very good man but now in this situation, automatically he had adopted a domineering and arrogant manner.
Yin Ze looked at Gao Yu Lan and then finally decided to tell the truth.  “I miss Lan Lan, so I came.”
Gao Yu Lan blushed, put her arms around Gao Mother but did not speak and her eyes were trained on Yin Ze.  Maybe because Gao Father was the older generation, he did not expect young people nowadays would be so straightforward.  After listening to Yin Ze’s remark, he actually blushed.  He did not know what to say and only coughed twice.
Gao Mother secretly smiled, patted Gao Yu Lan, got up to pour a glass of water for Gao Father, and also poured another glass of water for Yin Ze.  Yin Ze took the glass and thanked her.
Gao Father used this time-lapse to recover his composure and after thinking, he decided to ask a brazen question.  He cleared his throat and asked.  “How far have you gone with my daughter?”
“Dad!”  Gao Yu Lan shouted.  This is too unruly!

Yin Ze sat up straight on the sofa.  He glanced at Gao Yu Lan and saw the fierce look on her face with an expression that said – – Don’t you dare to talk nonsense!
Yin Ze thought and thought, and then finally replied.  “We’ve reached the stage where we can discuss marriage.  Dad, can I be your son-in-law?”
In fact, Gao Father had already prepared himself to teach Yin Ze a lesson but when he saw the intimate glances and expressions the two children exchanged, he was certain that whatever they should not do, have all been done.
It seems the joyous event is already set and there is also a possibility that he will be a father-in-law soon.  Whatever happens, he still has to show his authority over this young man so that this young man will not think his daughter can be given away so easily.  What will happen if he cannot dominate this young man?

Gao Father had not expected this young man to be so cunning, ah……   This young man even called him ‘Dad’ and also asked whether he can be his son-in-law…….how shall he answer?  He cannot refuse because his whole family will hate him……but if he agrees, then he will lose all his imposing manner……..
Gao Father did not know what to say and turned his eyes to look at Gao Mother.  Gao Mother promptly took over and continued to ask.  “Yin Ze,……how long have you known Lan Lan?”
Yin Ze looked at Gao Yu Lan.  She thought he had forgotten the date, so she helped him to answer and as a result, the two people answered at the same time.  “Three years”……”Six months.”
Their answers did not match and both of them exchanged looks.  Then they tried to remedy the situation.  “Six months.” …….  “Three years.”
Gao Father and Gao Mother’s faces were full of black lines.

“There is a vast difference between three years and six months……”
Yin Ze looked at Gao Yu Lan and said.  “Let’s take Lan Lan’s answer as correct.”  A feeling of sweetness rose in Gao Yu Lan’s heart and she held his hands with a smile.  Gao Father looked at this scene and all sorts of feelings welled up in his heart.  He hoped his daughter would quickly fall in love, quickly get married, and quickly find happiness but that day seemed to have finally arrived.  A sour feeling welled up in his heart and he was unwilling for this to happen.
Gao Father coughed a few times and asked a lot of questions on other things.  He asked about Yin Ze’s family, work conditions, hobbies, etc., and Yin Ze answered every one of them.  By the side, Gao Yu Lan listened in while her father forced answers from Yin Ze and she felt distressed.  “Enough, enough!  How can endless questions be asked all at one go?”