Ch-37

Gao Yu Lan did not have Chen Ruo Yu’s phone number and therefore was unable to locate her.  But before she had time to worry about it, she first had to settle the problem brought about by her beloved boyfriend, Chef Yin.
Chef Yin claimed his foot was injured by Gao Yu Lan and so she had to be responsible for him.  Being responsible for him meant she had to personally take care of him in all aspects of his daily life.
Gao Yu Lan and Yin Ning stared at him blankly.  Gao Yu Lan was thinking that with just a push, she had suddenly become a maid which is very unlucky for her.  Then Yin Ning said.  “Didn’t we agree that Lan Lan is to be hired once she is back?  You can’t work because your foot is injured but does that also mean Lan Lan won’t be able to work since she has to take care of you?”
Gao Yu Lan did not understand.  “Is there a company willing to employ me?”
Why didn’t the company call her?  She gave it a serious thought but she did not give out the shop’s number to any company.  Could it be Yin Ze’s friend’s company that needed someone and Yin Ze had recommended her?
Yin Ze and Yin Ning exchanged glances and then Yin Ning sat upright and said to Gao Yu Lan.  “Lan Lan, I’ve something to discuss with you.”
When she spoke so solemnly, Gao Yu Lan became nervous and sat down properly before she replied to Yin Ning.  “Okay, tell me.”
On the other side of the shop, Guo Qiu Chen and Niu Niu were playing Solitaire with cards while Mantou was making a ruckus next to them.

Yin Ning threw them a glance to confirm the baby doll or dog would not disturb them for the time being and then she said.  “It’s like this.  This shop has been opened for a few years but had never made any money and to carry on like this is certainly not possible.  Yin Ze has been constantly putting in money to maintain the shop and I feel bad about this.”

Gao Yu Lan nodded.  The shop conditions are good so it should not be losing money and for Yin Ze to keep on maintaining this shop is not a good long-term plan.
Yin Ning continued to say.  “As you know, my shop has very few customers and other than a good environment there is nothing special here.  The daily amount of products that I bake is not large and there are only a few types of drinks.  There are no simple meals or something similar that is available.  Before this I had a waiter, however, I didn’t know how to manage this business and my business did not show any improvement even though there was an increase in staff.”

Speaking up to here, Yin Ning paused, looked at Yin Ze, and then said.  “Yin Ze told me the person I employed was of the wrong position who failed to improve consumer spending and demand.  In the past, I hired a manager but the effect was not great as she was from the traditional cafe line with standard ideas.  So even if we can elevate the demand for products like cakes, coffee, tea, simple meals, etc., the number of staff would suddenly increase,.   I did a calculation…….”
As she said up to here, she saw Yin Ze lift his eyebrows.  She tightened her lips, changed her words, and said.  “Well……it was Yin Ze’s who did the calculation……”  Feeling unhappy, she twitched her mouth and said to Yin Ze.  “But I had expressed my views and had the same thoughts as you too.”
When Gao Yu Lan heard, she understood about seventy to eighty percent of the matter.  According to Yin Ning’s temperament, to let her seriously operate a high standard café similar to the ones outside with a pastry department including running a full-time kitchen to cater to simple meals and then running around to serve customers was not viable.  She was simply not up to it and on top of that, she also had to take care of Niu Niu.  Therefore, for her to seriously run a profitable café with a busy business was impossible.
However, to employ a group of people to fill in the posts of a manager, chefs, and waiters, coupled with coming up with a variety of ideas on catering products and services, the entire investment would be too large.  If everything depended on Yin Ze’s financial resources, it was feared he could not afford to invest such a huge amount.  If he could shoulder this burden and the business makes money, that would be great but if it carries on making a loss, then it would eventually drag down his other businesses.
As expected, Yin Ning said.  “In short, this investment is too large and also the profit is not guaranteed.  Besides, if we follow the previous manager’s set of methods to run this business, I would be rendered useless in the shop.  I’ll be bored and I won’t have a sense of career accomplishment.”
When she said ‘a sense of career accomplishment’, Gao Yu Lan wanted to laugh but Yin Ze blatantly laughed aloud and even Guo Qiu Chen over the other side coughed a few times.  It seemed he had also perked up his ears to eavesdrop