Kim didn't answer at first and then she said, "No. I didn't do that".

"Do what?" Silvia said.

"Kill Richard".

"Are you sure you didn't kill him?"

Kim paused "I'm sure".

"How come your cloth was now stained with Richard's blood?" Silvia asked.

Kim waited again. Like she was trying to see an image clearly.

"When I came back home that night" Kim said, "after I dropped Angel at Mr Allen's place I parked the car and slept off for a while" Kim added.

"You slept in the car?" Silvia asked.

"Yes. I was tired. And planned to have a discussion with Richard before the next morning. So, I thought if Richard came back into the compound, he'll see me and wake me up".

"You couldn't wait at the guest house?"

"He often locked it" Kim said.

"So, after you woke up in the car, where did you go?"

Kim waited and said "I closed my eyes, opened it again and went to the guests' section".

"You closed your eyes?" Silvia asked

"Yes"

"Opened it again?"

"Yes"

"And went to the guest house?"

"Yes" Kim said.

Silvia shook her head. She was really feeling sleepy. "Do you mean that you sleepwalked and went to the guest house?"

"Yes" Kim replied.

"So, when you got to the guest house, what happened?"

"Door was open. I entered".

"And?"

"Richard was not in the living room. So, I went to the kitchen".

"What did you see there?" Silvia asked.

Kim's hands shivered "I saw the person" Kim's voice shook as she spoke "the person that-"

"I'm afraid" Kim said.

"Relax, Kim. No one can hurt you. It's just a memory" Silvia said. And after a few seconds, asked, "what did you see in the kitchen?"

"The person took a knife and stabbed Richard not once or twice. And then, Richard fell on the floor".

"Did this person see you?"

Kim hesitated "Yes. After the person killed Richard, then the person saw me".

"What did the person do?"

"Called my name but I didn't answer" Kim said.

"Why? Because you were sleepwalking?" Silvia asked.

Kim nodded.

"What did the person do?" Silvia said.

"Take the knife and run away"

"And what did you do?" Silvia asked.

"I went to Richard. Bent down and touched him but he was dead" Kim said and more tears poured out.

"So, you are sure that person killed him?" Silvia said.

"Yes. I'm sure. He also stole Richard's investigative report on the theft in his gallery".

"How do you know this?"

"I closed my eyes, opened it again and went to Richard's room".

"You sleepwalked to Richard's room?"

"Yes" Kim responded "The person was there, taking the report".

"What did he do when he saw you?" Silvia asked.

"Fear" Kim said. "Then fear disappeared and he took the report and left".

"The person knew you were sleepwalking?" Silvia said.

"Yes" Kim said "I've told the person before that I sleepwalk and forget everything I do during that moment".

"So, after you saw that Richard was dead on the floor, you went back to your room in the mansion?"

"Yes" Kim said "I slept. Woke up. Then I off my cloth" Kim continued "Bathe. And saw Meryl as she took my dress. And I slept off again"

"Why are you calling Richard's killer, 'the person'?" Silvia said.

Kim paused. "I've always known the person" Kim said.

"From where?"

Kim did not reply.

"This person that killed Richard can you tell me his name?" Silvia asked as she tried to force her head from nodding continuously. She felt tired and weak. And was dozy.

"Yes" Kim said. "I know the person".

Silvia fell on the couch and slept off.

"And the name of the person is..."

"Who do you think you remember?" A voice roared and came closer to the recliner with a sharp knife in the hand.

****
If you are enjoying this story, kindly, add it to your reading lists! Thanks!!!
Happy New year in Advance!!!