Freiheit und Frieden chapter 2

Hey guys! It's me! Duh. This is chapter 2. duh again. um, the song i think i'll use for this chappy is Alien, just because I think it somehow sounds like this chapter, with Stanton's creeperishing (new word?) and everything. if you have a better idea, please tell me. okay, here we go.

##########################################################################################

Chapter 2

"Nikita Wolf?" the substitute said while calling roll.

"It's pronounced 'volf', I'm German," I told the middle aged man flatly. Who the hell has a substitute for the last day of school? He looked at me.

"Really?" he asked skeptically.

"Nein, ich habe gerade wie zu sprechen Deutsch für die Hölle der es!"  I shouted, sarcastically.

"What?" he ogled at me.

"I'M GERMAN!" I screamed, earning me a disapproving look from him, and laughs from the class.

"And a juvenile delinquent," he muttered.

"I heard that!"

"Whatever. Chelsea Yates?" he continued roll. Wow, I don't like this guy.

Class passed in a breeze, and before I knew it, Liz and I were headed to 2nd period mathematics. We nearly died trying to understand whatever the hell the teacher was rambling about. We gave up within the first five minutes and began to pass notes.

I can't believe you're going to be in Germany!

I know! I'm going to die! I won't be able to understand half the stuff they say!

You'll be fine! Just don't forget to video chat with me!

I promise I won't!

Oh, and if you find and cute boys, flirt like there's no tomorrow!

I laughed and nodded at her. She sat stock still. I glanced at her questioningly. And then I saw the teacher, holding her hand out- for our note. I bit my lip and handed it to her.

"Ah, class, Greta and Elizabeth have something to share with us all!" she announced, using my horrible first name (no offence to people named Greta).  We both groaned as the class perked up. She read our note aloud.

"Greta?" she peered at me.

"Yes?"

"You're going to Germany? Why?"

"I got into Munich University," I said quietly.

"Ah. And what have you done to your body?" she snapped looking at my tattoos.

"Um, what does it look like?"

"It looks like you've ruined your chance at being a professional!" she snapped again.

"Does it look like I give a fuck?" I growled. Her eyes got huge.

"Principal's office, NOW!" she shouted.

"Okay, whatever," I said, picking up my bags and flashing a small smile to Liz. She laughed quietly and then shooed me away. I walked to the office, getting multiple stares from disapproving teachers or disbelieving students. I opened the door and sat in the hard chair.

"Nikki, you're here on the last day of school? What the hell did you do this time?" the secretary asked me. I chuckled.

"I cursed after passing notes in mathematics," I smirked. She grinned and shook her head.

"Okay, well, Headmaster's ready for you," she said, pointing towards the door I was all too familiar with. I got up and walked in.

"Hello, Nikita," the principal said without looking up. I was here that often.

"Hey, John," I said, taking my seat behind his desk.

"How many times have I told you not to call me John?" he said, looking up from his papers.

"Probably a lot, but hell, it's the last day of school!" I exclaimed. He shot me an un-amused look.

"No swearing. Why are you here? And what's on your body?"

"I cursed and passed notes, and clothes."

"No, what's with the tattoos and piercings?"

"Oh, it's the last day of school. I've been covering these since freshman year, I figured why not let them show on my last day?"

"Because it's against school policy. You have a week of summer detentions," he deadpanned.

"I won't be there. I'm catching a plane to Germany tomorrow, for Munich University," I warned him.

"Oh! Good for you! Your detention starts next Monday," he said firmly.

"Well, I won't be there," I said flatly.

"Yes, you will."

"Nope."

"My god, Nikita!" he shouted, flustered.

"Okay, now that we're done here, I'm going back to class! Bye John!" I said over my shoulder as I left his office. I could hear him groan in defeat. I waved to the secretary, and, as if on cue, the bell rang for the end of mathematics. I grinned and heading into the crowded hallway in search of Liz. I found her near our lockers, and we started walking towards 3rd period.

We walked into the band room and took our spots. Liz, myself, a boy named Stanton, a girl named Mandy, and another boy, Andy, were all part of a rock band for school. Granted, we played real rock outside of school, but for our music credits, we played as a band separate from the normal band. Our name was officially the Silver Snakebytes, but since John didn't approve of that, we were just Silver in school.

We practiced a song we'd been working on for ages for graduation ceremony after lunch.  When we were happy with it, we packed up and talked for the remainder of the hour.

"Guys! Nikki's leaving!" Liz shouted to the band.

"What?" they all chorused.

"I'm leaving. Sorry, guys, I won't be here over the summer," I said, hanging my head in guilt.

"No!" Mandy squealed.

"Nikki, that means we'll have to find another lead guitar! We all know that you're the best guitarist in pretty much the whole state!" Stanton said, starting to chew on his own snakebites. Andy nodded.

"I may be able to play well, but there's no way I can play the riffs like you do!" Andy shook his head.

"And then, it'll only be two girls!" Liz shouted. I shot her an un-amused look. Sure, your best friend is leaving the band and all you care about is the boy to girl ratio.

"I'm sorry! Hey, when you guys can, all of you come to Germany and we'll play!"  I said, trying to regain some positive outlook.

"Okay," they all said at once.

"Wait! Germany?" Stanton said warily. I nodded.

"Yeah, I got into Munich," I said quietly. They all let out an audible gasp.

"That's great!" Mandy said.

"Yeah!" Andy exclaimed.

"I know!" Liz squealed.

"No! I can't believe it! You can't go!" Stanton screamed. We all looked at him. His eyes were getting shiny with tears. He ran his hand through his black hair and left the room.

"Well, that was a bit strange," I concluded. All of them shot me a 'we know something you don't' look. I replied with a confused stare. They shook their heads and left the room, leaving me alone with just my thoughts.