♕𝐖𝐡𝐲♛

Start from the beginning

"So what do you want to talk about? I still need to go over to Audrey's room for when dad comes." Vanessa looked over to Celina with a tired expression as she crossed her arms questioning her mother.

"I want to apologize." Celina breathed in trying to gain the courage to speak to her after everything.

"Keeping this from you was the worst thing I could have done knowing what you went through over at the Isle. . . and I should have tried harder to tell you the truth. . . I am your mother and I should have done more." Celina shook her head as she looked back to her mistake which she knew was her greatest mistake she could've made. 

"Well you've apologized. . . but now I want an explanation. Why didn't you do more?" Vanessa used her hair to hide her face to avoid looking over to Celina as she could feel her tears filling in her eyes but she didn't dare let them drop.

"My mistake was that I didn't think about being a mother first." Celina admitted thinking back to the day the decision was made. 

"It hurt when I found out you knew about the decision because it's only been almost two years since I got back here. . . since we've tried to know each other more as mother and daughter. . . keeping this from me seems to just take us a step away from each other." Vanessa commented looking down explaining how this brought a step back for them before glancing over to Celina who had tears glisten her eyes.

Vanessa looked away trying her hardest not to look over to Celina knowing if she did she was sob out seeing Celina was on that way as well. Celina wiped her eyes so quickly not wanting Vanessa to see her like that but knowing that her own daughter was feeling that much anger towards her devastated her.

Once again the room was filled with pure silence there was nothing to say but what exactly could be said in a situation such as that because neither of them knew the response to that.

The silence was broken only when the door was opened and in came Pain and Panic who paused seeing the two.

"Uh, sorry to disturb you your highness but we were informed your father is on his way." Pain stuttered walking in the room after Panic pushed him in first. "Everyone is already in Audrey's room." Panic nodded explaining further on as he stood behind Pain while the mother and daughter duo turned to the two.

"Alright. Thank you two. You can go ahead if you want."

Vanessa cleared her throat before turning over to the two who nodded before leaving as she headed to her side dresser.

"Here you go." Vanessa walked over to her mother without glancing towards her, handing her the bracelet she gave her a while back. "Your bracelet?" Celina questioned furrowing her eyebrows as she looked over to her daughter in confusion in sadness.

"Yeah I don't need it." Vanessa responded with a small nod as she crossed her arms while Celina still didn't understand. "Why?" Celina asked her wondering if it was because of her anger towards her at the moment.

"I-.  .  . I don't think I have my magic anymore.  .  . "

Vanessa answered her with a small frown she tried to bite back along with her tears as she hadn't felt her powers any longer even when she tried some spells it no longer worked. Celina looked over to her daughter in shock and sadness knowing how important her magic was to her.

With nothing more to say Vanessa sighed turning around leaving her room while Celina stayed back looking down at the bracelet wondering what could happen.

~~❦~~

Published~ December 30, 2020