𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄: 𝐃𝐎𝐆𝐒𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆

Start from the beginning

it's never too late in the day for some cereal.

as the show kept playing, nyla's eyes got heavy with sleep, making her lean her head on the arm of the couch as she tried to stay awake.

she failed spectacularly, falling asleep just five minutes later.

nyla only woke up an hour later to a loud noise coming from the front of the house, making her jerk up in alarm.

thank god she had set her bowl of cereal down on the coffee table earlier, or else it would've been all over the floor.

none of the lights were on except for in the kitchen, so nyla couldn't tell if anyone had entered the house.

she got up, cautiously tiptoeing to the front door, her heart beating fast.

the door was slightly open, and she could see a silhouette moving from her spot in the hallway.

"who's there?" she called out, her voice shaking ever so slightly.

she heard a loud bang as the person inside dropped something, letting out a string of curse words.

"holy fucking shit!" an all too familiar voice hissed as nyla quickly flipped on the light switch. "what the fuck?"

nyla scrunched her face up in disgust as she saw vinnie standing in front of her, his skateboard face down on the ground. "oh. it's you."

"yeah, it's me, princess. what the hell are you doing in my house?" vinnie questioned, bending down to pick up his skateboard before brushing past her to the living room. "and are you eating my cereal?" he added, looking at the half empty bowl on the table.

nyla followed him, her arms crossed. "first of all, stop calling me princess. second of all, the last time i checked this wasn't just your house. third, i'm here because kio needed me to dogsit. and yes, i guess i am eating your cereal."

"it's eleven pm, why don't you get some real food?"

"i thought kio would be home by now," nyla shrugged. "i was just gonna get something on the way home."

vinnie nodded, heading to the kitchen and grabbing an energy drink instead of saying anything.

it was silent.

vinnie groaned. "i can't believe i'm asking you this but...do you wanna order some chinese food in? kio would murder me if he knew i let you starve."

nyla blinked. "are you being nice to me?" she asked, leaning on the kitchen counter, her hands cupping her face.

vinnie copied her stance on the other side of the counter, looking straight into nyla's eyes. "i guess i am, princess."

nyla rolled her eyes. "stop fucking calling me that, i'm not a princess."

vinnie smirked. "you liked it when i called you princess two nights ago in my bed."

nyla's cheeks reddened. "shut up, hacker."

"make me," vinnie replied. "or are you too scared to make a move?"

they were so close to each other, all one of them had to do was move forward so their lips would touch.

nyla's eyes glanced down at vinnie's lips before looking back into his eyes.

she stood up, backing away from the counter as she said, "some fried rice sounds really good right now."

vinnie scoffed, "i'm not hungry anymore. but you can order your own food."

nyla's eyebrows rose, an annoyed expression on her face. "i wouldn't kiss you so now you're not buying us food?" she asked, watching as vinnie stepped closer to her.

"who said i wanted to kiss you?" vinnie spit out. "i don't know what you're thinking, nyla, but i don't want you. in case you forgot, we hate each other."

nyla just looked up at vinnie, not saying a word.

"we may have fucked once, but that's all it was, princess. now leave it alone. leave me alone."