Chapter 5

Sometimes I question why I even try with the people around me. Nik won't stop glaring at Marcel, who constantly looks either ready to kill us all or cry, and both Davina and Laurel haven't peeped since we found Nik. Most of the time I would understand their silence or glares, but now wasn't the time for this. We were supposed to be tolerating each other and we should be trying to get ready for dinner.

Now we were home and Stefan ran up to me, pulling me into his embrace. I smiled, knowing that he must have been stressed with my absence. He gave me his signature winning smile before turning to my son, glaring daggers into him. I then sighed, knowing that this would have happened. Vampires are protective, I should have known that everyone would jump to conclusions before learning the entire story. Then again, I couldn't blame Stefan too much. He's a protective mate and has never done anything too extreme when faced with someone he doesn't like. I mean, he dealt with his rat of a mother and I was sure that he wanted to kill that stupid woman. I'm glad that we left her in that realm of eternal suffering. I think that someone took the last bit of blood out as well so she shouldn't be coming out any time soon.

"Where the hell were you?" Stefan whispered into my ear. "God I was so scared. You were out all night and I didn't know if you were safe. Are you hurt? What happened?"

"I'm fine, Stef," I said, trying to calm his clear upset. I nuzzled myself into his neck, peppering a few kisses behind his ear. I felt him smile. "Just a little family reunion with my son and his new little witch that he's been keeping locked in a tower like Repunzel. Although I would say Mother Gothel aged better."

"Will the insults stop after dinner or is that beat-on-Marcel day?" I giggled at his dramatic tone. Davina did as well, choking out a laugh of her own. "Why did I even agree to this? I am not Mother Gothel and Davina is not locked up. She's being kept in the attic for her own good, for her own safety. She's like a daughter to me."

"Did you watch Rapunzel or are you slow?" I deadpanned. "You just described the entire first part of the plot. The lore. Child, stop questioning why you do what you do and get yourself ready for dinner. The cravings are back and if you're not quick I might just go out and get me some fresh New Orleans style human buffet. Nik, you too, you're annoying as well."

I giggled as Nik mumbled it's the hormones on the way into the kitchen. I was sure that he would be the one cooking since Rebekah has sworn off the stove. She took one look into some website and decided that no woman should cook or clean. Of course, nobody agrees with her, but it's better to give my sister what she wants than to argue. She's never cleaned anyways, but her old cooking used to be nice. You know, when you just sit down and have your big sister cook a meal for you. I miss those days. I'll never get them back due to some random idiot on the internet that told her that. Poor me.

Sitting down at the table, I wonder just what would happen at dinner. Many things could arise. How did Marcel survive? Why exactly does he have a witch in his attic? Seriously, who keeps a young witch in an attic unless you're using her for some wicked things. By wicked I mean odd spells or perhaps organ donation. You never know.

Davina doesn't seem too bad. A nice kid, honestly, if not a bit... ignorant. I don't think she realizes just how insane the world of witches and vampires are. I doubt she's been educated on any matters concerning the true nature of vampires, witches, or werewolves. Most don't learn unless they come across someone who the Originals have educated themselves, and we don't share our knowledge with many. She's young and will have time to grow into herself, but I worry that the world isn't ready for her. The magical energy she gives off is tempting to dark witches who wish to steal power for themselves. Or just bind them to something in order to control her. The worst thing that could happen is to become some sort of sacrifice. That would be awful and I wouldn't know how to deal with that. Let's hope that's not what my son is saving her for.

"ARE THEY FUCKING BACK?" I hear Kol scream another room. "STRIDDY YOU BETTER HAVE BEATEN YOUR SON'S ASS BECAUSE I HAVE A KNIFE RIGHT HERE WITH HIS NAME ON IT!"

For some reason I just now remembered that we didn't find Kol in Marcel's place. How did he manage? Well, according to Marcel's men he staked a bunch of people and made a damn run for it once he woke up. Yeah, it would have been nice if he thought of getting his precious baby sister out of that situation, but I guess he was a bit startled from the encounter. It's not every day you wake up in a place you don't know and are surrounded by the enemy. The 'enemy.'

"Charming," Marcel muttered. Nik sent his son a glare before opening up the door to the living room.

"We're vampires, Kol. Vampire hearing. No need to make my ears bleed with your annoying voice," Nik reminded our brother, who I bet good money is rolling his eyes. I watch as he finally makes his way into the room, wearing a white shirt that's stained with blood. It's times like these that I question how the rest of the world hasn't found out about vampires. Surely people would think that Kol is a serial killer with just how many articles of clothing he owns are stained with blood. He's not a woman, he can't get away with that sort of thing. "Baby brother, sit down or grab Kai to have dinner."

"I'm thirsty though," he whined, not even taking a look at Davina or Marcel. At this point I wasn't sure if he'd noticed the two of them yet. That knife better stay far away from my son or he won't be awake for dinner. "Get me blood?"

"Get it yourself," Nik said, exasperated. Our older brother pointed to the fridge. "Blood, fridge. Go, you heathen."

"But-"

"No buts. We have a ready supply of blood for a reason. I'm not your pretty little house maid." Nik must have been taking some tips from the website Rebekah's been following. My brother takes a pause before rolling his eyes and looking back at the young girl. "Water is in the fridge if your mortal body needs it. Or maybe Kol can be such a friendly host and get you some."

"No, that's fine-" Davina started to speak, but Kol vampire sped up to her before she could finish. His eyes were wide as he turned her head up to see the girl clearly. Marcel immediately pushed him off of the teenager. My older, slightly unhinged, brother growled at my son, his eyes turning to his vampire form.

"Don't you dare touch me!" he hissed out, watching as the small cut Marcel gave him healed. Kol's eyes remained fixated on Davina. For some reason, he couldn't stop smiling like an idiot. Usually when he does that he's plotting. Things he plots? Mostly murder and revenge torture. Neither of those things sound like nice things for young witches to go through. Either way, Kol smirked at Davina. "Beautiful."

"You can't call a kid beautiful! Get - No. Away with you, madman!" As Marcel and Kol's words started to sink in, I realized what was going on. Beautiful... truly. Wonderful observation skills. Darling young witch somehow stumbles into our lives and BOOM, we get another witch to perhaps initiate into our coven. What are we doing for initiation anyways?

"I can call my mate what she is: absolutely beautiful."