Chapter Twenty-Nine : Families Coming Together

Start from the beginning

"See, I tried telling her that but now I'm thinking you should have been the one to talk to her."

He laughs and shakes his head.  If he were being honest - he was quite excited about this meeting and had been looking forward to it since he had first talked to Evelyn about it.  It was actually her idea with wanting the four parents to meet.  He wanted it to be on her timing not wanting to rush her at all especially with how her last relationship ended.  William respected his girlfriend and loved how much she had grown since the beginning of their relationship.  

"I love your parents, especially your mum.  She's great.  They must really love me if they're allowing you to date me."

"All they care about is how well you treat me and they know you treat me very well," she leaned over and kissed him when they stopped at a red light.

His RPO, Paul, was also with them but he was in a separate car behind them wanting to give them their privacy on the way over.  He trusted Evelyn and so did the Royal family.  At the beginning of their relationship - the family had done an extensive background check on her as well as her family.  She hadn't known it at the time but had found out about it a couple of weeks into them being only friends.  She knew from William that wasn't uncommon especially with a family as prominent and well-known as his.  Prince Charles' and Camilla's RPO's would be with them as well making sure the place was well secured for them that no harm would come to them from any outsiders that might cross the well-gated home.  

*

After finally making it to her parents home, she and William got out of her car as they made their way into the home.  But not before Paul had done his search making sure it was clear which it was.  

It wasn't because Paul didn't trust the Bennett family.  It was because he didn't trust outsiders.  He knew being a protection officer and also being in the Special Forces to always think about everything and always stay focused.  To never assume that anyone has good intentions and stay alert.  

Paul was very loyal to the Royal family and felt it was an honor to serve them, especially Prince William.

"All clear," Paul alerts the couple to which they thank him and enter her parents home.

"Thanks Paul," William thanked his protection officer as he smiled and the couple entered the familiar home.

William loved her parents home.  Although it was very big, her parents made it warm and inviting.  They didn't make it cold.  The Christmas decorations were gone and the decorations from before were back up.

Bran, the english pointer, came running through and almost ran into William he was so excited.  Will's let out a laugh and bent down to pet the old dog.  One thing William had missed about being able to come to her parents home was her dog.  They had a very close bond already as the english pointer licked the princes face making him laugh.  Evelyn took some pictures of William and Bran together before they went into the kitchen where she knew her mum might be.

The couple had brought a dessert that Evelyn made as she sat it down on the counter and hugged her mum.  William's Pa and Camilla weren't there yet and they had a few moments to chat with her family before the meeting.

"William," Natasha greeted the boy who had stolen her daughter's heart with a smile.  "So good to see you again," she said as they hugged and kissed on both cheeks.

"Natasha, always a pleasure.  How've you been?"

"I've been well, thanks.  Just making sure everything is all right for your father and Camilla.  And you?"

"I can't complain.  I've been well.  Everything looks great."

"Thanks.  I hope Charles and Camilla will like it."