"I will see you later." She says, he acknowledges her farewell as she leaves, closing the door behind her. 

Iwan jumps off the barstool and rushes over to her immediately. 

"What's happening?" He asks, his wide eyes begging for information. 

"Never you mind." She replies, roughing up his hair. He pouts and returns back to his stool. 

"No one ever tells me anything." He grumbles, she watches him, amused. She checks the pocket watch hanging around her neck. The face shows that the time is almost 9:30. Her stomach grumbles, she didn't eat before seeing off her sister and now her empty tummy is yelling at her. Time to walk home and steal some brunch from the kitchens. 

"I'll see you later." She calls to Chuck and Iwan as she walks over to the front door and steps out into the street. Savoy street is bustling and busy with trade and activity. A few locals spot her outside the pub and they wave, she waves back and then yelp in alarm as an excited Florence seizes her arm. Her free arm drops down to her thigh pocket, ready to fight for her life. The canvas falls to the ground. 

"Florence! Don't surprise me like that." She breathes, her heart racing, her body relaxes and her friend slips her arm into hers. 

"You've seen Wyn," Florence says, almost vibrating on the spot, her eyes bright. Last nights make up is still smudged around her eyes and lips, her dress is wrinkled but it is a pretty green colour that compliments her hair, a think shawl is thrown around her shoulders. 

Clarissa eyes her suspiciously, "Yes, he was delivering a letter."

"How was it?" Flo demands, her face eager. 

"How do you know I've seen him?" Clarissa asks, pulling away and crouching down to pick up the canvas. 

"Mary and Anne saw you with him." Flo explains quickly, "By St Martin-in-the-Fields church. So how was it?" 

Clarissa sighs, "As it always is. I lose my head when I am around him and then instantly hate myself for feeling the way I do when he's gone. It's been three months since I've seen him and yet I feel as though nothing has changed. He sees me as a friend and nothing more."

"Just a friend, doesn't personally deliver a letter that could be sent via any servant," Flo says knowingly.  

"He was delivering on behalf of a mutual friend, information like this couldn't have been trusted with a servant," Clarissa challenges. 

"Then he could have just posted it through your door, he didn't actually need to see you," Flo says. "And yet he saw you face to face." 

Clarissa sighs, "He did say he wanted to check up on me." She admits. 

"Yes, because he cares about you," Flo says with triumph, she suddenly looks sad, "Jack only cares about me when I am under him." 

"Because he's a good friend." Clarissa corrects, she tries to look comforting as she speaks, "That's because Jack is a scoundrel and not a good friend." 

"Forget about Jack! We are talking about you and I have to wonder what type of good friend takes you on secret nighttime walks to his favourite spot in the city?" Flo objects, "There's a connection there, that all I am saying."

Clarissa grumbles but doesn't deny it.

"You know if you said something..." Flo begins with a mischievous smile. 

"I can't!" Clarissa cries, her heart pounding at the suggestion, "I don't deny I like him, I may even love...well whatever, it's irrelevant. We are never going to happen, he knows it and so do I. We don't work. We are not right for each other despite whatever underlying feelings there are. I cannot fool myself into hoping that he will ever be mine. He has Jenny and all his friends, I am just a little flirty amusement for him." She draws breath sharply, "So please, let's not discuss him."