Chapter 18 - Anthony

Start from the beginning

The boys laugh as Jack shakes his head. "Sorry Anth, you are on your own."

Anthony groans. "I need to talk to Medda about going somewhere for a few."

Albert laughs in a monotone voice. "Ha, ha ha, no. Not right now, it's soulmate time."

"Albie," Anthony whines, looking Albert in the eyes.

"Dang child, if you keep looking me in the eyes I'm gonna kiss you," Albert states. Anthony blushes.

Anthony quickly gets up, and sits across the room from Albert and Spot, blushing like mad.

Albert and Spot pout. "Anthony."

"No." Anthony cuts them off. "I am putting the flirting on pause and mind-controlling you to let me be in peace for a few minutes."

The other boys laugh. "I'm not sure that's how it works."

Anthony tilts his head to the side, looking like a confused puppy. "Why? Romeo's magic."

Mush and Jack laugh. He's definitely an innocent child. It's like he was never told that this stuff doesn't exist.

Spot gets up and stands next to Anthony.

"Romeo's just magic anyway. You my friend," Spot picks Anthony up and tickles him. "are not magic in that way, but we still love you."

Anthony squeals, giggling as he tries to get away from Spot.

The other boys laugh as they watch Anthony and Spot.

After a few minutes, Spot lets Anthony go and goes back to sit down next to Albert.

Anthony sits back down, arms crossed, acting like he was annoyed. "Darn being ticklish."

The boys laugh again. "You're cute."

Anthony blushes madly, looking away from Albert and Spot, who both laugh.

"Does Medda even know you guys are soulmates?" Crutchie questions.

Anthony, Albert, and Spot share eye-wide looks.

Anthony gets and opens the door. "This has been fun, but I'll be back soon."

He leaves without another word, and walks down to Medda's office.

He knocks a few times before she says he can come in.

Medda's warm smile greets him when he walks in. "Hey Anthony, everything okay?"

Anthony smiles, nodding. He takes off his glove and shows Medda his soulmate mark.

Medda's eyes widen when she sees it. "Is that the same mark that is Spot and Albert's chest? You're their third soulmate?"

Anthony nods, smiling slightly. "Jack and Specs found out a few months ago. The thing a few days ago where I had a rough night, that was because I was tired and overwhelmed cause Jack made me tell them so I wasn't risking my life anymore."

Medda smiles, engulfing Anthony is a hug. "Anthony, that's great, minus the risking your life part. I'm so happy for you. Are you happy?"

Anthony nods. "Really happy."

Medda smiles, running her hands through his hair. "I'm glad, honey. Anything else bothering you?"

Anthony shakes his head, pulling away. "Not really. The boys are all really nice, and I really like my tap sessions with Romeo, Buttons, and Tommy boy. They're slowly starting to convince me to tell the others."

Medda smiles. "That's wonderful. I'm sure the others will be really happy when they find out. Do you do any other types of dance?"

Anthony nods. "I'm self taught. I know a good amount of other kinds though. Tap just happens to be the one I'm best at and my favorite. I'm gonna ask Tommy boy, Romeo, and Buttons if we can practice a few other kinds as well."

Medda nods. "That's good."

Anthony nods, smiling.

Medda takes his hands in her own. "Remember, you can talk to any of us if you need it. Never feel like you can't. We are all there for you."

Anthony smiles. "Thank you, Miss Medda."

"You're welcome, Anthony. Now go hang out with the boys." Medda tells Anthony, who groans.

"I've already been really social today. Now you're telling me that I have to be more social?" Anthony questions. Medda laughs.

"That's exactly what I'm telling you. Go. Be. Social." She laughs, pushing him out of the room.

Anthony laughs.

1116 Words