f i n a l

Fr- I don't think I can finish your name. I can't bring myself to write the letters.

I went into the battle with you. And back then, everything was okay. We knew it was going to be bad from the look of the thousand of death eaters bringing down our barrier. But, Fr-, I never thought that we wouldn't both make it out.

We got separated from each other and I didn't know. And I'm crying because I didn't know. I'm dying inside because I didn't know. I didn't know I would never see you smile again.

Why did we grow up together and be each others best friends? Why did we plan on playing pranks on each other when we were older? Why did we promise to name our children after each other? Why did I love you, if all of it is now gone. Because, Fr- Fred. Now you're gone.

You never got to read my letters. You never got to graduate. You never got to really see the world, Fred. And that. That is what pains me. It pains me because I can't do it with you.

I wish you could have read these. Before you said goodbye.

And I'm mad! Because of the idiot who decided that taking others lives is okay. But why did it have to be your life, Freddie. Why of all people did it have to be my best friend.

And now I'm confused. I'm confused at the world for letting you go to soon. Why didn't you tell them it was a prank when you got there. That you want to come back down because it is a prank. Please let it be a prank. It would be the best one yet. Fred, you would have even got me laughing. I want it to be a prank because if it isn't- I don't know if I will ever laugh again. Not when you aren't there to echo it back.

Fred, the joke shop. I don't think I can run it without you.

When the war was done, I went looking for you. Hoping to here you say "that was wicked". But instead. Instead I found my family crouched around someone on the ground. I longed to see your face with the people kneeling. But when I rushed over- It was you. You were gone. And I never even got to say goodbye.

The world seemed darker. Colder, now that you weren't there. I shook you, Fred. Mum pried me off you but I wouldn't stop shaking you. Shaking you to wake up. Fred, I screamed. I screamed, "Funny joke, Freddie. Now wake up".

But you never woke up.

Percy reassured me that you died laughing at his joke. I cried harder. I cried harder because I never got to say goodbye. I never got to hear you laugh one more time. I couldn't hold you when you died. I never got to tell you the final joke.

You made me who I am today, Freddie. I can't imagine my life without you but now I'm going to have to. I won't give up, Fred. Even though I wan't to. Instead I'm going to live my life the best I can. And I want you to watch over me. I'll never forget you. I will see you again soon. I promise.

Yours forever and ever,

George 

-

-

author note: hi, i'm currently SOBBING. i really hoped you enjoyed this short story of a collection of letters form george, to fred. if you did please interact! also, listen to the song with it, if you haven't. oh and, i'm sorry it's sad but i warned you! i love you guys and so does george. you really helped him get through it. 

<3