"Gul." Arham called out to their house help. "Pack breakfast for Meher and her tea too. Send our lunch to office, but separately." He said before leaving for work.

•••

Meher had broken all her records. Record for the shortest and the quickest bath, record for wearing the most mismatched clothes, record for covering the journey of 15 minutes in 9 and the record for being late as well.

Meher pushed the door of the 'beta' room, panting. Her dramatic entry had all the eyes turned towards her. Five pairs of eyes looking at the weird lady heaving like a dog at the door.

"Well, it's a progress, yesterday you were 10 minutes late." Seher said looking at her with her arms folded across her chest. "Today it's 20." She sneered.

"Sorry Ms Seher, I didn't know the office started at 9." Meher apologised removing her bag from her shoulder and placing it on the table her and Zara were given.

"Not my problem and God just were clothes that go together." Seher sing songed before walking out of the cabin.

"Don't fret, she has snapped at us all today." Zara said placing her hand on Meher's shoulder.

"Must have fought with Zain bhai." Arsal said joining them at their table.

"Zain who ?"

"Her husband." Zara replied. "And Arsal that's not a nice thing to say, you know even jokes like these can spread like a fire of rumours."

"Sorry." He said looking at Zara holding his ears like a child making Meher chuckle.

"Time to leave ladies, have a lot of work to do. Chao." He said winking at Meher before turning around to head back to his bench.

"Let's get to work too." Zara said and the two again began discussing and sketching designs, using the pointers Meher had made the previous day.

Half the day had passed in sketching and working tirelessly. It was two when a clocked named Eira reminded them about lunch. The five of the beta team made their way towards the canteen which was just a floor below theirs.

Seher as she was the head of the FD was rarely seen in the beta room or with the team.

The five of them took a seat at the corner table. Arsal, Fahim and Eira were engaged in a conversation and Zara and herself were busy browsing through the menu of the day. Meher realised that she was extremely hungry as she had no time to eat breakfast at home and the packed breakfast Gul had given her, she had forgotten it in the car in her haste.

"I'm starving."

"I am too." Arsal replied to Meher.

"You just had snacks an hour back." Eira chipped in.

"That was sixty minutes ago. Allah why does she always keep an hawk's eye on me, why is she so obsessed with me." He said dramatically making Meher chuckle and Zara roll her eyes at the two.

"Let's go get our food then." Fahim suggested and got up from his seat.

"Yes let's -." Zara was interrupted by a man carrying a large picnic basket in his hand.

"Meher bibi apke liye aur apke dosto ke liye khana aaya hai." The peon said and placed the large jute basket on the table and left . (I've got food for yourself and your friends.)

"Wow." Arsal said and did not waste a second in opening the basket.

"Arsal." Zara said in a disappointed tone and swatted his hand away.