Chapter 9

When we arrived in Hitenzal King Gepredice welcomed us back and marvelled at the good news.

“This is wonderful, but before I hear your tale I want all of you to get some sleep. Fitzharmen show then to there new rooms please.”

At our request we stayed in rooms just outside the kings halls so Emara was close. 

The time came when Laxis and I had to say goodbye until morning came again. We waved to Emara before stepping into our bedrooms. I looked around my room and saw that my bag had been placed on the bed. A large writing desk sat in the corner with ink, quills and paper laid on top. I immediately remembered my unfinished letter to my mother. I strode over to the desk, sat down and began to write all that had happened in the last week.

When I finished I signed my name at the bottom of the page before sealing it with a stamp embedded with the cities crest. Satisfied with my work, I laid down on my bed.

I will have to wait for the morning to send my letter, I don’t want to disturb the king at the late hour, I thought to myself.

“I can deliver that for you,” a voice said.

I looked around for the source of the voice.

“Over here, at the window.” 

I turned my head towards the window and saw Shadowcloaks old bird.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“I followed you here, in case you needed my help. So you need a letter delivered?”

“Yes, I need it delivered to my mother Queen Islazdi, in Trestaria.”

“Alright bring it here.”

“Are you sure it is a long flight.”

“I have flown much farther to deliver messages to and from Shadowcloak.”

“Okay but can you return after, I want to know what my mother says.”

“That would be fine.”

He grabbed the letter in his beak and took off through the window. 

I watched as he disappeared into the darkness. 

I peeled my eyes from the window and started towards my bed. My eyes began to close as I sat down and by the time my head had hit the pillow I had already fallen asleep.