Chapter 19 - Washed away like sandcastles with the tides

Start from the beginning

"Watch it, Malfoy. That is not true", I sighed, trying to push him back. He quickly caught my wrist before I could do so.

"I saw it myself."

"Yeah you saw us kiss, so what? No need to make such a big deal out of it." I pulled my wrist from his grip, keeping eye contact.

"You're disgusting", he grunted.

"Oh you're just jealous."

That seemed to catch his attention. He turned back and looked at me intensely, his eyes piercing through mine, his nose scrunching up slightly.

"Jealous of your pathetic arse? Not in a million years", he gritted before storming off.

And then it was quiet for a while.

"Well, happy new years everyone!" Tracey sniggered, bringing me back to reality. "No way to start off the new year like a classic Malfoy Selwyn fight."

"Oh shut it, Tracey", I said, falling on the couch with a sigh.

"You know, I always feel like some day you're going to kiss", she said, causing my eyes to grow to the size of Bludgers. "Like, I know you hate each other and all, but there's just so much tension. One day one of you is just randomly going to kiss the other." Tracey was laughing, but I didn't think it was amusing at all.

There was no tension when Malfoy had kissed me.

"Imagine then realizing you both fancy each other and becoming an item. The school would be on its head if that'd ever happen."

"Well it's never going to happen", I quickly stopped her. "I have no interest in Malfoy and neither does he. Never had and never will, he's just a crappy human", I sighed.

"And now I'm going to bed." It had been a long day and I just wanted sleep.

But again my mind didn't leave me alone that night. There was still too much to think about. Would I ever get an answer to the question that had been bothering me for the last two weeks?

Why did Draco Malfoy kiss me that night?

DRACO'S POV

Why did I kiss Eleanor that night? It was a question that had been soaring through my brain for the past two weeks. Why in the world had I kissed Eleanor Selwyn?

I felt vulnerable. I felt as if she knew something about me that no one else knew and she could tell anyone about it. What would I do if anyone found out?

It was just a spur in the moment thing. She looked pretty that night and we had a good conversation. That had never happened before and it took me by surprise, that's all. I hoped she didn't think I had feelings for her. Never.

But she couldn't think that, right? If she did she wouldn't be sucking off Adrian's face already. She wasn't like that. She actually cared about other people's feelings.

I'm such a blithering idiot.

But she wouldn't tell anyone about it, right? She was with that Adrian Pucey now, so she wouldn't want to screw that up. And Daphne certainly wouldn't be pleased if she found out. Maybe that was the solution. The closer I got to Daphne, the guiltier she would feel and the less likely she'd spill.

"Draco, what's the matter with you?" Blaise asked, waving in front of my face. I looked up and pushed away these annoying thoughts. "Ready to go back to the common room?"

I had barely touched my supper, but I wasn't hungry anyway. I had to patrol in a bit and I was not looking forward to it. Before the break Eleanor had decided to patrol together again instead of separately and that was no good.