🌺Interview(10): War of Whips

_____________________________

🌼Interviewed by Sophie🌼
_____________________________

🌺Greetings fellow Adventurers!🌺

  T'is I your host, Sophie!😋😊😊. I know what you're all thinking. "Isn't Lilly supposed to be the host? Did Sophie kidnap Lilly and take over her Interview shop as the supreme Queen?”

No, I did not😄. She actually let me take this interview but she's watching my every move.🤪

Today in the garden, 🌺🌺 we have with us a very talented young man, all the way from Western Africa; The Nigerian King of Fantasy!

Author of War of Whips! spiritbone
Omo iyami! Twalay baba! I clear road for you ooo!

SB: Be calming dahn 😆

So: Nooo, I need to hail you wella!

Li: (Glares at Sophie dangerously)
Get back to the interview!❌❌❌

So: (Laughs nervously) Okay let's get down to business.

War of Whips is a fantasy book, set in Nigeria, three thousand years after a great eruption. Therefore thrusting the world into a dark era where the cursed rule as gods.

What inspired you to write it?

SB: WoW is actually my first foray into Afro-fantasy. I wanted to do something African but also post apocalyptic and I was like, "hey, why don't I start and see how it goes." It's also a personal reflection into some of the thoughts rolling in my head concerning the future of our continent. But mainly, it was an attempt to tell fantasy in an African way.

So: That's so nice. I've always wanted to do that too. Although I've been thinking of a Zombie world set in Nigeria.😂

Why that title? War of Whips?

SB: It's actually a very funny story. I gave my brother the first few chapters to look through and when he saw the term 'Whip Masquerade,' he was like,"omo Dem go dey use koboko dey fight o!"😆 And boom! There went the title. I had another title but that seemed way cooler.

So: 😄 As in! He's so right. Those whip masquerades were derived from egungun right? It's cool how you turned the Nigerian Egungun festival of whip masquerades into a great concept in your book.

Who is/are your favorite character (s)?

SB: My favorite character is definitely Tuli. He's a very conflicted man and has a lot of troubles that he hides perfectly with a very handsome face, wittiness and jokes. He is quite a challenging character to write and can be intense many times.

Next to him is Idem. Idem is basically young, ambitious and that type of thing but he doesn't see that there are many things in play which he doesn't understand. I also like his growth and changes as the story unfolds.

So: Awwn how sweet. You and this your Tuli sha. Even though you don't want to admit he's gay. I mean who sways his hips and covers his mouth like a blushing girl?