8🏁

Hello loves! This is it, the final chapter. 

This chapter is going to be longer than the rest. I thought it would actually be shorter because it was only about the race but nvm lol. I decided to not do it in the previous chapter because it would not make sense and it'd be just super long and another chapter just made more sens ya know?

By the way I added a small flashback in chapter 5 incase you haven't noticed. (This is specifically to let my very first readers know who read the original part of chapter 5)

Anyways, enjoy reading.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rachel's POV:

This was it. The tie-breaking race. 

I drove to the start line. Mcqueen and I were the first two next to each other while Chick and the King were starting behind us. 

After I parked my car I stepped out and greeted the racers "Well well well, look who we have here. Miss Rachel Hudson".  It was Chick Hicks who was talking. "Good to see you too Hicks" I said. "Good luck everyone" I turned to look at Mcqueen who had a frown on his face.

"Hey, what's up?" He looked up at me and shrugged. "I messed up last time, my old pit crew quit" I nodded. "Don't worry everything will be okay. Trust me I got you" He looked at me confused. "Rachel, what did you do?" I smirked. "You'll see" I quickly put my helmet on and stepped back into my car. "Rachel what did you do?" Mcqueen kept asking but I just shook my head and ignored him. The announcers were now starting the race. I shut my eyes and took a deep breath.

 "With confidence, you have won before you have started."

3, 2, 1 GO! 

My engine roared to life as we all soared past the green flag. 

...

Mcqueen's POV:

I felt bad after leaving radiator springs. I finally made some friends but had to leave them so soon. I don't have a pit crew and I left the only friends I've ever made. I am in the middle of my race right now. I need to and want to win, I gotta get my head in the game. 

Wait, Rachel. I want her to win as well. I know she's a feisty one so she wouldn't want me to slow down on purpose for her. She liked things fair and square. I like that about her as well as many other things. 

Besides, I can't already assume who'll win but I hope Rachel. She has worked so hard to get here, In fact I'm starting to get a little intimidated because she may be faster than me. 

Right now I was behind Chick Hicks who was behind the king, That means Rachel is right behind me. What did she mean when she said she got me?

I suddenly heard a static noise in my headset. "Hey kid get your head in the game". I knew that voice. I looked over to the pit stops for e second and saw that they came. My friends.

"Doc! You made it!" Doc is my crew chief now but if he's in my pit stop who's at Rachel's? "Look kid don't worry about Rachel. She's got this and will be fine without me, you on the other hand need to boost those gears get your head in the game".

Now that gave me motivation. I sped up a bit catching up to Chick. I am doing this for Rachel, my new friends from Radiator Springs but most importantly, I'm doing this for myself. To show the world just how fast this rookie can go.

I was now right next Chick slowly passing him. "Thats it kid now you're in between him and the wall. He's probably going to push you against it so once you see his nearing you speed up immediately then he'll bash against the wall instead of you". "That's some foul playing there Doc" I heard a chuckle from the other end "What can I say, he's predictable so give him a piece of his own cake".