*Chapter 37: Rain

Start from the beginning

"I had no control"

"That's a load of crap! You knew what you were doing! You had Banette with you! Where did you get that knife?!" I thought back when that Shadow triad member dropped his knife when I said his real name "Are you going to tell me what the hell that was about?!"

"I had no control" I repeated.

"How did you have no control!? You knew what you were doing!" I looked at him shaking hard, trying not to cry and looked angry at the same time.

"Remember when I told the reason why I have no choice in ending my life?" I looked back down, not wanting to look at his expressions "I sold my soul"

"W-What..?" His voice lowered in a shocked and worried tone "What do you mean y-you..." I closed my eyes.

"I witnessed my father getting murdered right in front of me... I was powerless. I prayed for something to give me the strength to save him, but it didn't happen on time. I was able to receive the strength I hold, but at a price. I ended up killing my fathers murder... I ended up killing all of the men that kidnapped me when I was a little older. I sent myself to a mental hospital because I didn't have the strength to control this power" I looked at my hands "It didn't work... I know it didn't. That's why I needed a guard, because I knew myself well enough that I would cause trouble without someone next to me" I frowned at him "I beat up Zinzolin from Team Plasma when you went off to find Rosa... I was very picky on being left alone. I always had to remind you to not leave me alone..." I tasted blood on my lips "There is a reason why Hugh finds me weird... There is a reason why some people and Pokémon don't like me or are scared of me. It's the darkness that lives in my body" I pointed at my heart "I sacrificed my own body so I can protect those I care about... I went mad at the target because of how many people he had hurt. I couldn't stand it..." I started sobbing "Do you really think I deserve to live after all that I've done? Why do you think I don't care about my life?" I got out of bed to go and face Nate staring at me with those eyes "I do not deserve to live... I hid my appearance so Rosa wouldn't suffer... I'm sure you're going to stop convincing me to stay... After our vacation, the contract will be over and you will no longer have follow me anywhere. I will be going straight home"

"C-Cam..." I turned around so I couldn't see him.

"Thank you for the fun times you and I experienced. Let's get ready so we can travel to Undella town and meet up with everyone. I'm sure they'll be waiting" I went to pick up Banette and walk into the bathroom to change. With the door closed, I ended up scooting down against the locked door and bring my legs up to my chest to cry onto them. I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... I didn't want to do this to him... but I can't keep the secret away any longer... He needed to know. I shouldn't have gotten involved. What was I thinking? But either way... He deserved to know after being with me for about half a year already.

I got dressed in a simple outfit like I was going to work out with running shoes and walked out the room to see the doctor waiting for me to come out.

"Miss, You're up already? How do you feel?" He asked me. I went over to grab Nate sitting on a chair and pulled him up.

"I feel fine! I feel refreshed and ready for a new day!" I pulled Nate out the room "sorry I can't stay longer! Send the bill to the police station to Looker! Goodbye!" We ran out, ignoring the doctor yelling at me to come back so they can give me a proper check up. I didn't have time for that! We are behind schedule and we needed to get to Undella Town as fast as possible.

Nate didn't say anything while I dragged him out of Black City towards the route. I let go of him after we left the city and kept a good distance away from me. It saddened me that he decided to stay away, but it's better that he just hates me.