*Chapter 37: Rain

I opened my eyes to see myself laying on a hospital bed. My eyes looked around before Lampent and Oricorio came to my view by appearing on my chest. 

"Good morning" I smiled and sat up, feeling something stopped me from getting too far. A needle was inside the skin of my elbow attached to some other part of the things behind me. I pulled it out and removed the heart monitor from my finger and arm before the machine made a solid sound when losing connection to the heart.

The door slammed unexpectedly when that happened. I looked up at Nate heavy breathing while staring at me like I had died or something. I smiled at the sight of him.

"Nate-kun!" A nurse came into the room after him, followed by Nate's assassin friends. That's when I realize what exactly happened "O-Oh..." I cupped my mouth in shock, not expecting myself to go as crazy as I did.

"Hi there" I looked up at the nurse smiling at me "How are you feeling? I see you took out the needle" she started cleaning the blood I let leak out "You've been asleep for two days already"

"Two days?" I frowned and grabbed my Xtransceiver from the counter to look at the date "Everyone will be expecting us soon..." I frowned at Nate frowning at me before he turned away. My heart dropped at how he did it. He's mad at me for what I've done... "N-Nate..." I wanted to get up, but the nurse didn't let me.

"Let me check up on you before I let you get up" I slowly nodded and let her do what she needed to do while Echo came to my side. I bit my lips and turned away, too ashamed at what I pulled in their mission.

"Hey, I'm glad to see you awake" Echo smiled at me.

"I'm sorry... You were right. I shouldn't have gotten involved" I pulled my hair "I had no control... I swear"

"What do you mean you had no control?" Nate came up to me "You clearly knew what you were doing! Is this the reason why you needed a guard? So you wouldn't do shit like this?" I looked away.

"That's exactly it... I kept it from you like you kept it from me"

"You're putting the blame on me when it's you that had to be noisy and get in my business!" Echo pushed everyone out the door.

"We should give them some space" Phoenix moved away from her as the nurse told me she'll be back with the doctor.

"Here" Phoenix handed me an envelope "This is clearly meant for you. You deserve every bit of it" I took the envelope confused "It's the money the client had gave us after taking care of his son, plus the tip you got from your amazing singing" he smiled "We clearly didn't do anything. It was all you. You did amazing"

"Don't encourage this behavior, Jay!" Nate glared. Banette crawled onto my lap and ate the envelope from my hand "I told you this was a bad idea! I told you I was in charge of her! I was suppose to keep her out of trouble!"

"The job is done. Nobody knows what happened. The point of the mission is to take out the target with no leads"

"I knew I should've ignored you" Nate pulled his hair "I knew this was a bad idea, but I didn't know you were going to follow me!" He yelled at me "Why couldn't you just stay in the room!?" I bit my lips at him yelling at me. This wasn't the kind of yelling I was use too... "How do you think this makes me feel?! I left you alone multiple times... and this is the one time I regret it most" he cupped his face. Echo escorted everyone out so Nate and I can talk "Why did you bother..?"

"I wanted to help"

"I didn't need help!" He slapped the end of the bed "You know how much I try keeping you out of trouble! You make this fucking job hard, Camilla!" I bit my lips hard and looked down "Why the fuck did I let you do this?!" He cupped his face to scream into them "Why..? Why did you do that?!" I gripped on the sheets, watching my tears fall on my lap.