Chapter 5: Semi-Final Shithouses

Start from the beginning

Yukari: If I may say something, I don't think Miho's decision was incorrect in that match you had.

Erika once again piped in, an attitude showing when she spoke.

Erika: I think someone needs to mind their own business.

Y/n: Funny you should say that, Erika.

They turned to me and all, even Monika, had faces of confusion and slight annoyance. That was probably because I still had my helmet on, covering my face.

Maho: And who are you, as much of a nobody as these girls?

Y/n: If by nobody you mean der Jäger then yes, pleasure to meet you.

Their eyes widened, small glints of the sun behind me were reflected from them.

Monika: Y/n? What are you doing here?

Y/n: I was relaxing after our practice match against St. Gloriana until some nobodies showed up and started to attack Miho. I'm almost glad I didn't get an offer to join your school, since I wouldn't want to join some Semi-Final shithouses such as yourselves. No offence Monika, you're cool.

Now they were fuming, steam could almost be seen pouring from their ears as Monika chuckled at my jab to Kuromorimine.

Maho: Come on girls, clearly this pilot doesn't recognise a superior when he sees one.

Y/n: Well you certainly act like you are with those sticks up your asses, get a grip for christ's sake. Go bully some other team who can't defend themselves, or is that too similar to how moustache man acted little miss Hitler?

The group stormed off with Monika now visibly crying from laughter, holding her stomach in mock pain. But before they fully left, Erika had some parting words.

Erika: You have Saunders first, make sure to not fight so poorly that you end up damaging the name of Nishizumi style.

Y/n: Take that back you schlampe.

They stopped in their tracks and turned to face me as I stood up, now having to look slightly down at them.

Erika: What did you just call me?

Y/n: I think someone needs to mind their own business. Now run along before we put in a claim to fight you next and absolutely destroy your puny tanks.

With a final huff they stormed out of the cafe, leaving me to return to my seat and quietly sip at my tea which was now stone cold.

Y/n: Damnit, I shouldn't have left my poor baby out in the cold for too long. There there Darjeeling, it's gonna be okay.

Mako: You know it would be ironic if one of those big teams were to be beat by us underdogs as their unstable ivory tower comes crashing down to give them all a reality check.

Silence descended and enveloped the table as I finished up the tea, wiping my mouth with a tissue.

Y/n: I'm sorry for that Miho, I just don't tolerate disrespect towards my Commander, even if it's by her old teammate and older sister.

Miho: It's fine Y/n, someone needed to teach them a lesson and in all honesty, I'm glad it was you.

Hana: I know, let's have another cake.

Mako stuck her hand up to get her attention.

Mako: Can I get two more to go?

Timeskip

I found Miho out on the deck, staring off into the sunset as we sailed away from the port, watching the royal blue waves crash into eachother, sending wet droplets of water into the air.

Y/n: Aren't you cold out here?

Miho: A little, I just need to cool off.

Y/n: Me too. Here, take my coat.

I draped it around her shoulders and leant against the guard rail, taking a deep breath of the salty air before exhaling in exhaustion.

Y/n: So, what's in it for you then?

Miho: Huh?

Y/n: The Sensha-Do tournament. What are you in for?

Miho: Oh. I don't really know.

Anzu: She's there because we have to win.

Anzu rudely interjected into the conversation, prompting us to both spin on our heels and face the student council.

Momo: We cannot lose this tournament or else- Hmm!

Her mouth was clamped shut by Anzu before she could reveal anymore.

Y/n: Or else Ooarai Academy will, cease to exist.

Miho widened her glossy eyes and stared at me in disbelief.

Y/n: That's what I'm in it for, to save this rag tag of a school from obliteration by the big dogs. I love nothing more than to shove a well deserved victory in overly confident people's faces.

Anzu: Y/n!

Y/n: What? She was entitled to know. I think we all are given the situation and who knows, it may inspire the crews to work harder towards our goal.

Anzu sighed and walked away, followed by her small posse and left me and Miho to dwell on the subject.

Miho: The thing that concerns me about Saunders is, their unpredictability. I would love to know their formation, tactic and tank composition pre-match so we are better prepared.

Y/n: Better prepared huh? Leave it to me and Yukari! We can do just that for you if it means having a secured victory.

Miho: You will? Oh thankyou Y/n, you really will do anything to help this team, and I envy your devotion. I really do....................