I shook my head, turned off the music, and let Elvis fall silent. My plan for tonight was to watch another episode of the 100 on Netflix and then sleep so I would be fit for my first day at work.

The next day I ran straight to the third floor, where my office would be for the future. I actually got my own office straight away, which I was pleased about as I don't like to be disturbed while I'm working.
When I came out of the lift, I greeted my new colleagues, who welcomed me warmly and shook my hand. "Welcome to Williams, Miss Ward," a young woman with blonde hair greeted me. She was wearing a black skirt and a Williams blouse. "My name is Ava White, it's nice to meet you. I am here the junior press officer of Williams."
"Nice to meet you too, Miss White."
"Please, it is Ava."
Ava corrected me. I nodded in confirmation. "I will accompany you today and do the large amount of paperwork with you. We need you to fill in 100 signatures and then I'm supposed to introduce you to us a bit," Ava explained. "But first I'll show you your office."
Ava led me around the corner to the offices. On the door, the silver sign with black writing already said "Elizabeth Ward", which made me smile. "I'm glad you like it," Ava said, also smiling, after seeing my face. My smile widened as we entered the office. It was huge, far too big at first sight. It was almost like in a film, the desk was behind the window and there was a beautiful view of the park outside. On the desk was a Dell laptop and there were flowers on it. "Oh, who brought the flowers?" asked Ava.
I was surprised she didn't know because I thought maybe one of her colleagues brought it as a nice gesture. "I don't know, maybe there's a card," I said, taking the flowers in my hand. White roses. How did this person know that these were my favorite flowers? There was indeed a card with something on it. "Have a nice first day," I read out loud so Ava could hear it too.
"No name?"
"No name"
"All right, then I'd say let's get started," Ava said, placing the folder she had been carrying on the table all along. I sat down in my chair and looked eagerly at the folder as Ava opened it. "As I said, it's going to be a lot. Here are the first ten pages for you to sign."

I took a pen from my pocket and signed everywhere Ava asked me to, after reading it carefully.

Then Ava gave me some documents about the rules, the use of the gym, and other small things. "And then here is the signature that you got all this from me and here again that you got it explained," Ava said and exhaled audibly loud. She didn't feel like it anymore. Ava also signed briefly as she sat down on the chair opposite me.

"All right, we're done with the signaturesfor now," Ava said. Relieved, I nodded. "But Claire said that youhaven't done much in the motorsport field, so I should give you a littleintroduction. Actually, it's like every event but there's a little somethingthat's different in every industry," Ava said.
She brought me the test I did yesterday and showed me what I did very well and what could have been better. Claire seemed to be impressed with my work, considering I've never worked in the F1 industry. After two hours of introductions, someone knocked on the door and we invited them in. "Well, look who's here, it's Georgie Boy," Ava said and walked up to George, who's greeted with a hug.
"Well, are you all right?" he asked her. I looked at them both insurprise. Wasn't George training today? I also caught myself wondering if theywere a couple. But I shook my head, it was none of my business anyway.
"Look at you, I thought you have training all day today?" I teased him, grinning slightly as I walked towards him.
"Actually, I did, but I thought I'd ask my coach if we could do it here in the gyms," he explained. "Besides, I didn't want to miss your first day at work," he winked and gave me one of his sweet smiles. I didn't knowhow to greet him. At first, I wanted to shake his hand, but then he stretchedout his arm as if he wanted to hug me. "I think we can hug," he said.
"Um, yes," I replied, confused, and gave him a quick hug. I breathedin his scent, a mixture of his own scent and his perfume, which I likedimmediately.
We let go of each other again and smiled at each other, just as we hadyesterday. "So you two know each other?" asked Ava after watching thewhole thing, which made my cheeks blush a little.
"Yeah, I walked into the middle of the conference room when she was writing her test," George told me and Ava laughed.
"You're a real idiot, George. Only you can do that," Ava laughed. We laughed too and George's gaze slid to the flowers. "Ah, I see you receivedmy flowers. Do you like them?" he asked.
I looked at him in surprise before I started to smile again. "You gavethem to me? They are beautiful, thank you," I thanked him. "How did you know white roses were my favorite flowers?"
He laughed out. "Really? It was just that I thought red roses were way too over the top."
"But that's really sweet of you, thank you," I repeated myself, smiling. He returned my smile before looking back at Ava.
"You can go away again, Georgie. You've got practice," Ava shooed himout.
"Okay, okay. ", he admitted defeated with his hands up. "Well, have fun, Elizabeth. Hope you have another nice first day.", he said goodbye before squeezing me back into his strong arms. I breathed in his scent again (which I already loved) as he then let go of me. He hugged Ava as welland the two said goodbye. George closed the door behind him and I sat back down on my desk chair. "That's sweet of him. I don't remember him ever givinganyone flowers for their first day at work," Ava said. "And it's George probably would be too lazy to do that."
I giggled briefly at that. "Well, he's actually a nice guy, that's how I met him yesterday."
"What did you guys do yesterday? He looked at you like you were his formula 2 trophy."
"What?", I asked, confused. "We were just having coffee."
"Really now?" asked Ava excitedly. "Him? George Russell?"
"Yes," I confirmed, nodding slowly. "Why?"
"Ah just because," said Ava, glancing at the papers again. "We already have 1 am. The tailor should be in shortly to measure your sizes," Ava said after glancing at her watch.
We went down to the conference room where the tailor tried on the clothes with me and took my measurements. When I had the clothes on and looked at myself in the mirror, I immediately felt comfortable in the clothes.