~ > 6 < ~

~Take a chance on me~

After the long and exhausting day, I was glad that I was finally off and could go home. I was walking out of the building, through the park, when I heard someone call my name behind me. "Hey, Elizabeth," George greeted me. He came running out of the other buildings, probably the gym. Smiling, I turned to him and my breathing almost stopped. He was wearing a black T-shirt and white Adidas shorts, with a white towel hanging around his neck and he was sweating. Holy crap. He looked damn good when he was sweating. His hair was a mess, and this made him even more attractive. "Hey, aren't you cold? It's three degrees out here."
"Just had practice. I'm anything but cold," he said, laughing briefly. "So how was your first day?"
"Pretty good, except I can't do any more signings for today," I joked.
He chuckled. "Yeah, there is more to come, don't worry. ", he winked.
"On Monday I'll start with my first conference."
"You'll do fine. I will be there on Monday too, by the way. We need to take some photos with my new teammate."
"Oh, yes, I noticed. Nicholas Latifi. He was only signed a couple of weeks ago."
"Right, so we'll see each other again," he smiled at me and I returned it. "Would you like to have lunch with me on Monday?" he asked, adjusting his towel around his neck. I bit my lips discreetly. Inwardly I was pleased that he asked me. We would sit down again and talk. "I'd love to," I accepted his offer.
"George! Stop flirting and get back in here!" his coach called from the gym. George closed his eyes for a moment and took a deep breath. "Sometimes I hate him.", he muttered and turned around. "I'll be right there!", he shouted back and then turned back to me. "See you tomorrow then."
"See you tomorrow.", I said goodbye. "I'd like to hug you, but you're really sweating", I said.
"Ah come on, you don't mind a little hug."
"George, no!"
I cried out as he pulled me into his arms, and I could not escape. I then laughed out loud as we both almost fell over, but George gave us a hold. "Thank you," I thanked him wryly, but could not help laughing. "
"No worries see you tomorrow," he grinned before jogging back.
I chuckled to myself and looked after him as I then made my way to the Underground.

My weekend was full of organization stuff for my life in England. I had a lot of stuff to do with the visa and many other kinds of stuff. Then I set up the rest of my furniture in my office, which I haven't finished yet.

On Sunday lunchtime I had a visit from my cousins who had been living in London since 2005. My cousin Lily also had a little son called Nathan who is three years old. We went for a walk in a park nearby as Nathan was very hyperactive and was often outside. "So, tell me, what's England like?" asked Lily.
"Well, currently cold and windy," I admitted, pulling my jacket tighter around me.
My cousin Daniel laughed at me. "You used to live in the mountains in Bavaria, I thought the cold was nothing new to you."
"I lived 15 minutes from the mountains, you idiot," I interjected.
"Shut up, Nathan's here," Lily said as Nathan came running.
"Ah what, you raised him so well he would never say that", Dominik, my other cousin, said with a grin. Lily would have beaten him long ago if Nathan were not here.
"What shouldn't I say, Mummy?" Nathan asked sweetly as Lily hugged him.
"Nothing, it's fine."
We spent another hour in the park when it started snowing and Nathan was totally freaked out. "Mummy, we have snow. MUMMY!" he gloated and jumped around.
While Lily ran after Nathan, I scrolled through my Instagram and spotted a picture that made me smile.
It was the picture I took of George in the café. Under the picture, he wrote, "Was a great coffee and a great photographer".
I could not help but comment underneath, of course. "Must have been a pretty good photographer 🙂"
At some point, we decided to walk back to my flat as Lily didn't want Nathan to catch a cold and made us some classic English style black tea. While the water was boiling, my phone vibrated, and I saw that I had received a message from Instagram. George had liked my comment. But even better, he sent me a private message.