With a chuckle, he gave her a look that made her core clench and a tingle run down her body. "I will have to orally thank you later when we get home tonight, woman."

"Hmm, I can't wait. You should hurry along and finish with whatever you have to do here so we can get home faster."

"Will you be alright by yourself for a while? I hate just leaving you here without any company. Dammit, where did Goku go when I need him?"

Covering his cheek with a hand, she planted a kiss on the other. "Don't worry about me. You can keep your eyes on me the whole time from across the rooftop, and I'll enjoy the view of the city from my seat by the bar."

Apprehension was clearly written all over his face, and it made her laugh. "Go, 'Geta~ You won't be that far from me, so don't worry so much. What could possibly happen?"

Placing a hand on her belly, he kissed her temple again. "If you need me, just call out, and I'll be back by your side in seconds."

"Okay. Love you, husband~"

"Not as much as I love you, wife."

Kissing her lips, he reluctantly left her side and made his way across the roof to meet with an associate who stated he had an offer no one in their right mind would refuse.

Whenever they glanced up, they found the other staring back with a smile.

When Vegeta looked up from his boring conversation for the dozenth time, he frowned when Bulma wasn't staring in his direction, worry lining her features as she stood from her spot with her hands on her belly. Following her line of sight, he was surprised to see his brother frantically scanning the area until he found Bulma and ran toward her, his suit disheveled and the look in his eyes terrified.

"EVERYONE TAKE COVER!" were the last words heard across the rooftop before chaos reigned down upon them, bullets flying from an unknown location.

Uncaring for his own life, Vegeta ran toward Bulma, who was pulled to safety by Majin Bejita, but once he was close enough, he noticed the blood pooling around their unmoving bodies.

Ripping his jacket off, he pressed it into her chest as he pulled Bulma into his lap.

"Bulma!"

"'Geta," she gasped, tears falling from her eyes. "The baby. Our baby."

"Shhh, stop talking. You're going to be okay. The baby is going to be okay."

Scanning over her body for other injuries, he found only one as it bled profusely from her chest before his eyes fell onto his brother beside them. "What the fuck, Majin Bejita?!"

"This was a setup... Frieza... Assassination... I refused... Gave the order to someone else..." he wheezed, coughing out blood. "Shit, I forgot how much it hurts to get shot..."

Vegeta realized what his brother had done for Bulma, taking several bullets meant for her. An apology and a sincere thanks were about to leave his lips when Bulma spoke.

"'Geta, I'm so cold... So tired..."

His eyes shifted back to her. "Stay with me, Bulma. Don't shut your eyes and stay awake for me!"

"Fuck!" Goku swore beside them. "The ambulance is on its way."

"Where the fuck have you been, Goku?!"

"I was caught up with some jerk off downstairs that wouldn't let me through. When I heard the commotion up here, I shot the guy." Goku's eyes drifted to Bulma with worry and anger. "Fuck! The paramedics should be here soon."

"I'm scared, 'Geta..."

"Don't be. I'm here with you, and I won't let anything happen to you."

"Our baby has to live, 'Geta. Promise me."

Vegeta didn't answer as he whispered calming words of love to her, Goku helping Majin Bejita as best as he could with his wounds before hands tried to pull Bulma away from Vegeta's hold as she shut her eyes and her hands fell away from her rounded belly. He pulled out his gun and aimed it toward the owners of the hands until Goku told him they were the paramedics for her.

He followed them as they put her inside the ambulance before sirens rang the air, and they flew through the streets.

"She's losing too much blood."

This has to be a dream...

"Her heart rate is dropping!"

This can't be real...

"She has a heart condition," his voice came out weakly.

I can't lose her...

"She's pregnant. Drive faster!"

I can't lose our baby... Our son...

"Fuck, at this rate, we can't save both of them."

Please God, don't do this to me...

"Sir, I'm sorry to say this, but if it comes down to it, who do you want us to save?"

Our baby has to live, 'Geta. Promise me. Bulma's last words echoed through his head, and he didn't know what to do because he couldn't live without her.

Vegeta wiped at his eyes as he placed a hand on her belly, and his blurred vision took in her pale face. "Save..."