Chapter 5: The Ball

Start from the beginning

"I have heard the Vitali's would be present tonight. Are you sure there won't be any blood shed? They have a reputation if you know what I mean and so far the most invincible clan to ever exist, if anything goes wrong they will target the host the very next minute."

"The South East mafia had been getting on my nerves, especially the Chinese. 3.5 billion pounds of baggage shipped across the Australian ridge disappeared in one of the checkpoints. Our spy had decoded the transaction and we have found the Zhi's responsible for it. It will be a declaration of war if we stepped up. We need the Vitali's to forge alliance with us and for that I am ready to go to any length."

"Consigliere Rooster told me a few days ago that Giovanni Vitali has passed most of his power to his heir Alessandro. The boy is more vicious and smarter than his Father. And he is only 18.''

" I remember that kid. He had made quite a reputation at such a young age. He had even exceeded Killian in the ranks during the wild hunt last year and its more unbelievable that he has no personal trainer."

"Oh please, darling. Killian was shot otherwise he would have easily won." Victoria sneered, defending her son.

"Oh I assure you Mrs. O'Sullivan, Alessandro had more injuries compared to Killian and yet he managed to burnt the entire hall and still come out alive.''

Victoria eyed disdainfully at Dawn. Her anger spiking up at the mention of her son's failure. She hated to admit that there was someone much stronger than her darling son and perhaps more powerful. She hated it.

The wild hunt was organized every 5 years in the depths of one part of the globe to test the apparent heirs of each mafia or mobster around the world. It was lethal and a dangerous sport. Alessandro Vitali was the youngest participant and had beaten Killian clearly with an astounding time difference of 2 hours 39 minutes. It even shamed her more that Killian was 10 years older than the boy and had been trained for over a decade. Now, Victoria's only aim is to push Killian into making an alliance with the Vitali heir to secure his position for the Irish throne. The Don had not make any special mention on who will be the crowned heir and Victoria feared to have it slipped off her hands.

"Hey darling, What are you all talking about?" Leila appeared beside Dawn smiling cheerfully unaware of the tension in the room.

"Oh just old business. Dear" Dawn replied, smiling back at her.

"Right, I forgot to mention, your youngest daughter is very lovely Don O'Sullivan. Such a sweet child, a little shy but quite adorable." Leila gushes.

"Yes, she is" Don O'Sullivan nodded, a sad glint appearing in his eyes before he covered it away. Serenity, she must have grown a lot, he thought. He had secretly dispatched his best security around her to keep her safe. He had watched her grow up through all the pictures and videos he was sent by his men.

"How old is she by the way, Vicky?" Leila turned to Victoria

"Uh-" Victoria was taken aback by the sudden question, how in the damn hell was she supposed to know that little brat's age when she can barely tolerate her presence ? "Well, Um- she must be sixte-"

"She is turning sixteen in a month." The Don replied much to Victoria's surprise. Victoria forced a laugh and nodded curtly.

"That is great, Our Castello is 17, we should introduce them to one another."

"Sure thing" Victoria grimaced at her supposedly best friend's enthusiasm.

____________________________________________________________