Chapter 5

Ever since Irene kissed me, I have been avoiding her

Ever since Irene kissed me, I have been avoiding her. I mean the thought of it makes my heart burst and heat up. And if there's one thing I know about her.....she never plays fair. 

Today's the last day of preparations before our flight, and every time Irene and I cross paths, she'd either wink at me or brush her hand against my back and my arm. Despite of my attempts not to look at her, I realized it was futile. 

Her cold eagle like eyes, would meet mine and I would immediately look down, knowing I won't hold her stare for at least 5 seconds. Now here I am helping Jihyo, our marketing assistant review our budget as for Jennie, she's with Irene discussing their plans.

I already bought and book our tickets with Jennie and Irene's money. (They insisted).

"Hey Y/N, I think we're done reviewing the allotted budget, as for our guest.." Jihyo looked at me expectantly.

"It's done, aside from Kim Taeyeon, Kim Jisoo, Park Chaeyoung and Lalisa Manoban, that's pretty much it." I answered as Jihyo nodded in agreement.

"Alright, thanks Y/N." She smiled at me before standing up and I did the same. She took the papers with her and give them to me. 

"Take these to Ms. Kim, please." I accepted the papers and went back to Jennie's office. I knocked and to my surprise, I hear laughter on the other side. 

I hear a faint 'come in' from Jennie and entered the room. 

'Irene' I mumbled to myself.

She looked at me and smirked, "Hello, secretary Hwang. It's nice to see you again." 

"It's nice to see you too, Ms. Bae." I greeted, Jennie looked at me then on the papers that I held in my hands. 

"Finished already?" She raised her brow expectantly on me, "Yes Ms. Kim, me and Jihyo are done reviewing the guest list." I say with a kind smile.

Jennie and Irene stand up and shake each other's hands as I stood patiently waiting to be dismissed.

"I look forward to our fashion show, Irene. Have a wonderful day." Jennie said as she let's go. Irene nods in reply as she walks out, not before stopping in front of me.

"See you in the fashion show, vixen." She grinned, "I hope you'll like the gift I sent to you." 

I look at her questioningly before she left, gift? What gift? I don't remember receiving any gifts.

I look at Ms. Kim who is now focused on her paperwork, her cat like eyes harden as her brows furrowed in concentration. Her aura intimidating as her eyes meet mine.

"You may go back to your desk, Y/N." She commanded, I bow in reply and exited her office and back to my desk, my heels clacking against the cold tiles and to my dark oak desk.

I sighed and and sat down on my chair, I better start packing my things, as for my clothes....I shake my head at the thought. 

"Ms. Hwang!" A voice called, accompanied with rapid footsteps. I swing my chair so see Mingyu, our intern rush towards me carrying a black box.